Jarre's 1.2TSi Leon

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I've finally decided to start a Readers' Ride! My car doesn't have any performance related mods, as of yet, mainly die to my age and insurance being a problem! So for now, all cosmetic modifications.

So, at 17 i passed my test and drove a 1.2 clio dynamique tomtom, a fully loaded car with satnav, cruise control, leather steering wheel, auto lights and wipers etc, but i wanted a bigger, faster car (bearing in mind insurance). So we went looking and decided on a SEAT Leon 1.2TSi!

I picked it up from SEAT Barnsley (rubbish garage) on 1st October 2011, and had to pay an extra £150 over my current clio to insure it until march. Anyway, here's the photo of it on the website, lovely!
51633afa-e7ed-f12d.jpg

The alloys on it are Team Dynamic Monza R 15"! (still have them if anyone is interested) however far too small on a leon!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Right I'll start putting more updates as I've got a years worth of stuff to put on!

The first thing I did was change the wheels, far too small for a car of this size. I was looking at getting black aftermarket ones but then decided it would look too chavvy. I searched eBay for a couple of weeks and finally came across a set of 17" FR alloys that SEAT Durham had removed off a Leon that they were adding a BTCC kit and BBS alloys to. The car was brand new so tyres and alloys were also brand new, seemed a very good deal at £540! I purchased them and had them fitted to the car and it was an excellent addition (IMO)!

a2ebu7yr.jpg

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I also decided the tailpipe looked silly. I wanted an exhaust tip but at the time also had little money (due to the alloys) I popped into my local halfords and found they had a couple in the clearance section. They very kindly let me take them outside to see what they looked like on my vehicle. I decided on the cheaper one, which was only £10! It's still on my car nearly a year later because I can't find a better one!

9uvyneqy.jpg

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The next real step was to get window tints done! The car was missing something. So I got them tinted (admittedly too dark, but it's too late now), I went to PW Pro in Mansfield, Paul did a great job on them!

edyqagyp.jpg

qabuge3a.jpg

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I then went onto the audio side of things. First off I changed the standard speakers to vibe slick 6's. they're very good and the sound quality improved drastically. At that point I decided I wanted a new head unit. After looking at OEM options and loads of others, I settled on the jvc kwav60bt, as it has built in Bluetooth (to replace my parrot) and also a removable faceplate!

When it arrived I asked my local halfords guy to install it at a cost of £30 which I didn't feel was too had. I know the guy quite well now and he's a good lad!

usyzy3y8.jpg

A couple of months later I wanted more bass (as every teenager does). So after again seeking options I plumped for a vibe c12 lite air as it was on offer at halfords for £100 instead of £180, again was installed by the same guy etc :)

So my audio set up currently is:

JVC KWAV60BT stereo
4x VIBE Slick 6 speakers
Disabled factory tweeters
VIBE C12 Lite Air sub

I'm really pleased with it! Maybe could do with some sound proofing to help the rattles at high volume, but a huge difference over the standard set up.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Wow, this is the first time I see your thread. You've been doing a wonderful job, dude. I know you've done a few more modifications and some are still in progress, so post them up when you can. Good luck! :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks guys :)

I've then done the usual LED sidights, number plate bulbs, interior bulbs and all the rest.

mapaqyza.jpg

Plasti dipped the grill and badges :)

edunu3u6.jpg

ynaheryv.jpg

Made my own arm rest from the old clip one I removed from the car when it was traded in.

pu3y2uha.jpg

me6yzy9e.jpg

Winter wheels and tyres

yzehajy5.jpg

pu6ysusu.jpg

Wind deflectors

2yju6e2e.jpg

Sprayed the door and speaker trims to brighten it up a bit!

ju3ugupa.jpg

Dectane LED DRLs to make my car more visible :)

y7eby6u8.jpg

There's more to come but I'll put that up once I get better pictures and that :)

Feel free to comment, positive and negatives!

andylvzsam

Jan 15, 2013
South Wales
Hey Jarre, lovely what you have done to your Leon.
I was just wondering where did you buy your Dectane LED DRL's from?
And also how have you managed to fit and wire them as they look really good, but i have been onto Seat and they saying I need to have the FR or Cupra R to have them fitted which i obviously dont have.
Thanks

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Hey Jarre, lovely what you have done to your Leon.
I was just wondering where did you buy your Dectane LED DRL's from?
And also how have you managed to fit and wire them as they look really good, but i have been onto Seat and they saying I need to have the FR or Cupra R to have them fitted which i obviously dont have.
Thanks

The DRLs came from a company in Germany (after I had a Paypal dispute with them) so you might be better getting them from the proper company if you wanted them.

https://www.dectane.de/MODULITE-DRL/MODULITE-drl-Seat-Leon-1P1-09--with-fog-light-smoke.html

If you have Xenons on your car you would need to select different ones but theres no difference in look or cost, just the wiring loom will be slightly different. The fitting is dead easy, it comes with instructions but its 15-20mins tops!

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
You drove past me on the expressway just before the M56 roundabout this afternoon. Looks nice with the stealth grilles :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You drove past me on the expressway just before the M56 roundabout this afternoon. Looks nice with the stealth grilles :)

Ah so that was your red cupra? That looks a nice car!

Thanks, thats the first time I've been spotted haha! You had to show off that yours was faster than mine though, didn't you :(

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Ah so that was your red cupra? That looks a nice car!

Thanks, thats the first time I've been spotted haha! You had to show off that yours was faster than mine though, didn't you :(

Yeah it was, cheers!

Hehe sorry, gets me to the petrol station faster too though :p

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
A few things have changed recently :)

I now have a front splitter! (mk1 LCR) I know it isn't a perfect fit blah blah blah, but it makes the front end look better IMO, and that's what I wanted!

IMG_0603_zps7cca3cdb.jpg

IMG_0604_zps225df75e.jpg

I also have a new exhaust tip - a genuine SEAT one. I think I could do with trimming the end of my pea shooter down a bit though.

IMG_0625_zpscba9d621.jpg

The 17" Albea alloys have been refurbished

IMG_0558_zps538e64b0.jpg

The car also went on the rollers at SEDOX in Sunderland

3d3f1134-0d6c-4aec-9bb3-1ed1af95e018_zps13d8a154.jpg

IMG_0615_zps561288d0.jpg

It had a nice smooth curve so pleased with that :) had the winter tyres on at the time so lost a bit of power due to that. Please bear in mind this is a 1.2 so no astronomical figures!

Me and the girlfriend at the Trafford Centre :)

IMG_0642_zpsbf5446b6.jpg

Lastly everything coming together. Lowered car, with front splitter, refurbished alloys :)

20130217_155917_zpsd4cf1d44.jpg

ba7yty6u.jpg

hy6uduty.jpg

That's all for now! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.