Warning about any remap and Warranty

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
If your car is under warranty and has a Revo if you have any engine related problems and they send a report to Seat for diagnostics their new system can pick it up even if you flash a stock map. So it is entirely down to them if they want to void or honour your repair work.

So those who will have oil use problems later down the line (pretty sure it will happen to most of you with older engines) could well be screwed. Can’t imagine, injectors, piston rings, coil packs and breather pipes + labour is going to be cheap.
Just sitting and praying today. Feel sick.

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I have just left my Seat dealership. Even if they flash a stock map an error will still show identifying that it has been mapped and they could reject warranty work. This is what I was told by the head tech who also deals with the Revo's. So its not like i'm even in a dealership who are funny about modified cars. It came in as of July 2012 apparently.

Alexanderrr

Speed & Sound
Sep 23, 2012
Netherlands
I want the full 210 Horses!!! But i think i will be using a less powerfull Powerbox instead :(

Btw what are 'the older engines'? I'm driving a FR TSI from 2010?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
2010 is the older engine. Got revo talking to my dealership at the moment.
Will hopefully have an update for you all today as if this is true its huge (and a huge cost to me).

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
interesting stuff, i thought revo did a warranty as well if it could be proved down to the map. So its going to be seats word saying the map caused excessive issues and revo saying no its just bad engines...

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
No I know superchips do some sort of warranty. I'm pretty sure it'd be dead in the water with Revo.
If I remember correctly their own test vehicle had the very same problem.
I just hope because i'm sure Seat are aware its a pretty common fault remap or not that they do the right thing and help me out.
I'll tell you one thing, i'm never mapping a car under warranty ever again. Only reason I did it at the time was because I was mislead into thinking it was approved what with dealerships offering them.
Keep your fingers crossed for me please people.

So be aware you may think your car is fine. I did, it was perfect zero oil use for 10's of thousands of miles then out of nowhere it starts guzzling.

Last edited:

Dale-T

LOVING MY BOCANEGRA :)
Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
No I know superchips do some sort of warranty. I'm pretty sure it'd be dead in the water with Revo.
If I remember correctly their own test vehicle had the very same problem.
I just hope because i'm sure Seat are aware its a pretty common fault remap or not that they do the right thing and help me out.
I'll tell you one thing, i'm never mapping a car under warranty ever again. Only reason I did it at the time was because I was mislead into thinking it was approved what with dealerships offering them.
Keep your fingers crossed for me please people.

So be aware you may think your car is fine. I did, it was perfect zero oil use for 10's of thousands of miles then out of nowhere it starts guzzling.

all the best mate
This situation is making be think twice about getting mine mapped again
Havent had any issues being standard with an induction but getting it mapped again could push the engine abit too much and with all this warrenty stuff

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Apparently it doesn't matter if you've gone back to stock it still logs an error which they know is caused by a map.
No clue how this is going to turn out :(

TOL3DO

With the popularity and price decrease in mapping it was only a matter of time before dealerships caught up and started to use it against those who had it done to save themselves money. :(

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Yes I can see why they are doing it. I just hope that they dont try and get round what is a know problem with the engine by saying the Revo is the cause. It happens on Stock and Mapped cars.

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
It has yes and also judders when accelerating softly from 0-10mph
No emission light as yet.

When you get Judders, is it in 2nd gear still? Mine does this...

If I slow down, and it's still in 2nd gear, e.g. at traffic lights that are about to turn green, and then accelerate softly again, it will judder like its about to stall...

I just assumed it was a characteristic of the car (I've been Seat brainwashed into thinking all faults are "characteristics"!) so didn't think anything of it.

Would be interested to know what the outcome of this is as I don't want future problems, and I swear the gear rattling is getting louder!

Deleted member 49882

I had been contemplating a map on my 2011 BOC, but had been worried in case any engine problems appeared. I remember reading before about the newer cars ecu being detected as mapped / flashed and there was no way to hide this if detailed analysis were to be carried out. Will be interesting to hear how this turns out for you mate.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'd seriously consider giving it a miss until your warrenty is up. I dont trust these engines long term.

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Whenever I have used the revo switch to put it back to stock mode, and the car has been plugged in then its showed up as not having the correct map on it, and since there was an updated map available they just uploaded that map on it, over the remap. Im pretty sure it just shows that the map isnt the newest one. The other thing they can look at is how many times they have written to the ecu vs the amount of times that has been stored on the ecu indicating that its been flashed elsewhere.

They cant prove its been remapped unless they read through the ecu code(1000s) of lines of code! Im pretty sure in the technical seminas they hold for dealerships they tell them that they can tell as a way of scaring the customer/getting the customer to admit if the flash count is dfferent etc.

My advice NEVER ADMIT! They have to prove that you had it re-mapped, you dont have to prove to them you didnt

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
No the dealership are being fine. They are a Revo dealership as well, they want to help me.
There is a brand new computer system in place. So when they send the log off to get approval to do the oil test it will show up whether the map is stock or not they know at some point it had a remap.

What ever the outcome the car’s going. Sick of the stress of the 1.4TSI engine. Best car i've ever owned but the stress outweights the pleasure.

Apr 14, 2011
So what happens if you buy one off a dealer that has been mapped by a previous owner ? Will they then blame you ? Or atcherly admit they know its been mapped before

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise