Cyril's Ibiza MK5 RR

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
Hey guys,

I've been around the forum for not so long, but learned quiet a lot from the forum so I thought I'd share my RR with you guys, show you what I've done to my car, what are my future plans and so on.

Let me first start by giving you a small introduction about myself, I'm Cyril (24), & currently work in the advertising business and love every second of it.

I bought my car almost 8 month ago, a candy white 2013 Seat Ibiza SC DSG.

Here's how it was the first day I got her:
img1887q.jpg

img1888az.jpg

Here's how it looks now:

img5330l.jpg

img5278vq.jpg

Below you will find lots of pics showing the car on an updated basis.
I'm open to all suggestions, criticism & feedback.

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
Here's a small detailed version of the RR,
I'll be adding all mods done to the car:

Here's my dad next to the car when I was signing the last papers before delivery and some pics of when we got home:

img1887q.jpg

img1889bs.jpg

img1888az.jpg

As soon as I got my car I decided to get the Parrot MK9200i, shipped it from the US and mounted it to the car. Its one of the best accessories I've ever got. Simplifies life a lot.
I definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a bluetooth system.

img2627w.jpg

img2641ht.jpg

Couple of days later, I've painted my mirror caps glossy black since I was going for the white/black Color combo.

img2838p.jpg

Door handles were a big no no, so I painted them white to match the color of the car

img3637t.jpg

img3662f.jpg

img3158v.jpg

Soon after I decided to to try the rear valance mod on my car, and got myself a small roll of glossy black vinyl and tried it with a friend of mine:

img3533t.jpg

img3317ex.jpg

Then decided it needed to get painted

img4279dz.jpg

Soon after I debagged the rear:

screenshot20130226at110.png

img5195j.jpg

Then I painted my callipers yellow, rims black & did the bottom of my front end glossy black as well as the S and grill surrounding

img5251xa.jpg

img5246n.jpg

img5252k.jpg

img5278vq.jpg

img5270b.jpg

The look of the car definitely changed, it looks 10x better!

When it comes to performance, I deleted the resonator.

img5330l.jpg

That's about it till now.

img5281p.jpg

img5285e.jpg

May 31, 2011
Essex
love what you have done to the car so far mate makes me want to get off my arse and do my rear section black just need good weather so i can finish my wheels off to :(

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
love what you have done to the car so far mate makes me want to get off my arse and do my rear section black just need good weather so i can finish my wheels off to :(

Thanks mate,
Totally changes the rear of the car.
Would def. look ten times better!

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Loving the Look of the car mate done the front grille and fr badges black on mine aswell makes a bell of a difference doesn't it :). Have you done the rear S badge black aswell did you paint it? And does it rub off in the corners if you have?
Keep up the work though mate :)

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
Loving the Look of the car mate done the front grille and fr badges black on mine aswell makes a bell of a difference doesn't it :). Have you done the rear S badge black aswell did you paint it? And does it rub off in the corners if you have?
Keep up the work though mate :)

Thanks!
No haven't done it yet!
Its still chrome, so I can't really help you with that.

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
I like what you have done with the car Cyril, have you got anymore plans for it ?

Yes, remap is on the top list.
Some minor exterior mods are also coming soon like spoiler & side skirts.
Might be getting the facelifted LED taillights (mine didn't come with them)
Other than that I'm good, might also check if a DSG remap is available for my make.

Cheers.

azizfares

Jun 12, 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
Hey man, from where did you get your spoiler? and how much did it cost you? and does it fit properly when glued? Eno is it stable? w about the remap i contacted upsolute, they said $400 for a remap, which i am not ready to do if it doesnt give me a satisfying outcome, what do you think?

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
Hey man, from where did you get your spoiler? and how much did it cost you? and does it fit properly when glued? Eno is it stable? w about the remap i contacted upsolute, they said $400 for a remap, which i am not ready to do if it doesnt give me a satisfying outcome, what do you think?

Got it from Seat for $240 without paint, I glued it myself. Its very stable.
As for the remap it depends, the difference is minim, I'm not sure you will feel a huge difference since we are talking about a n/a engine. It all comes back to you.

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
How did you paint the front badge? I was thinking to paint it matte red. What do you think?

Body shop, got it painted there.
But I won't recommend it to anyone since with time it will start to chirp away.
As for the color, to each his own.
I wouldn't do it for the color combo personally, but hey it's your call in the end, if you like it who cares!

ceb

May 27, 2012
Lebanon
Small updates,

Eibach springs (pro-kit) are installed as well as a front lip.
The car rides smoothly, sits lower and drives 10x better.

ad97.jpg

tw71.jpg

6wcz.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members