My wait is nearly over now...

welshy67

I did contemplate ordering the sunroof but I went for the FR in black so didn't think it would stand out as much as it seems to on the other colours. Anyway, rains too much in Wales :)

northernmonkey

The seats are great with the part leather effect bolsters and red stitching...ill get sme more pics in the next few days!

The led lights look fantastic! They give out great light ahead on the road too and the interior lights are also very nice but quite difficult to get a decent picture of...

I specified the roof, mirrors and wheels to make it stand out from a probable sea of Red FRs hehe...

I put my order in around first week of Feb from the roadshow launch...so I reckon it's been about 9-10 weeks for my 'special order' so not too bad really

His name? I've settled on 'Flash' !

northernmonkey

Had him on a good few runs now and I really do love this car...it turns a lot of heads and the look of it has really grown on me, it's quite a chunky looking car with the bigger wheels on filling those flared arches...

The interior is great, I love all the lighting and I just want to drive all night! Seeing the roads wouldn't be a problem either as the LED headlights are nothing short of phenomenal and that really isn't an exaggeration..not only do they look great and finish the car from a stylistic point of view but they light up the road ahead perfectly..

The 1.4 is a great engine too...it goes like clappers, especially in sport mode! I'm pretty happy about it only being 30 quid a year tax too which is great!

The handling is great too, very nimble BUT and it's probably to be expected really with the 18 inch wheels, it's pretty damn firm bordering on bone crunching on some roads lol...but I do love it none the less!

Anybody here holding back for the Cupra?? Now that will be a bonkers car!!

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
I agree about the lights.

Its quite funny, I went out the other night JUST to try out the lights! They make all other car headlights look really yellow. I had HID headlights on my Kuga but didn't notice the same affect - maybe its because the LEDs are just such a white light.

The LED cut off is a lot cleaner - Im not sure I like that, you kinda get used to the light bleed on regular headlights. Mind you, high beam is astounding. The whole light tilts up when high beam is on, throwing the light even further...

Andy

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
How is "follow me home" functioning (Coming Home/Leaving Home)? In the description it was mentioned that it should work automatically according to light sensor.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I believe coming/leaving home is activated by remote when you lock or unlock the car. It basically then turns on the headlights so you can see where you are going. At least that's how I understand it.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
How is "follow me home" functioning (Coming Home/Leaving Home)? In the description it was mentioned that it should work automatically according to light sensor.

Pretty much that - as long as lights are set to autos when it comes dusk or early hours of morning they light ups when locked or unlocked. I think in the menu system you change how long they stay lit for on locking.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Pretty much that - as long as lights are set to autos when it comes dusk or early hours of morning they light ups when locked or unlocked. I think in the menu system you change how long they stay lit for on locking.
That's correct, I saw it today when I visited dealer to have first look of my car which just arrived. I will pick it up tomorrow.

bigdan82

I picked mine up today the FR 1,4 in black and the car's amazing, will put up pics tomorrow :) But my winter tyres was on VW rims so I have to go back with them, what rims have you people got on your winter tyres?

Last edited by a moderator:

BNDUK

All these pictures of red FR's are making the wait to collect mine difficult...

welshy67

will put up pics tomorrow :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Have also ordered FR in black but not seen any pics in that colour yet. Seems to be taking ages to be delivered, ordered mine beginning of March.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.