LCR rear caliper return springs for hand brake...

Seb66

I cant find any from GSF or elsewhere.

The springs to return the HB are missing on the rear calipers.

If any one has replaced them, where did you get them from as i cant seem to find them anywhere.

Cheers guys :)

Seb66

Yeah! i wondered if the octavia ones were correct. but sod it for 5£ il get it on the ramp to find out.

Ive just seen a load of brand new calipers with the springs not fitted, which is weird no?

Anyways thanks so much for the linky,

Seb

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
Im fairly certain they don't come on LCR's as standard but a lot of people fit the springs in the link. I need to do the same as when I reverse it sounds like the car is mooing :blink:

Oh and you can fit them with the car on the floor really simple mate

Last edited:

R99AN H

Stage 2 APR mapped R
May 13, 2012
Coventry
I fitted these last week and the difference is amazing, just make sure the handbrake levers and cables are nice and free before you fit them, as you'll just be masking a problem if not....

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Bought these last week from local TPS and fitted in 5mins, only a few quid as well :)
See my Readers ride page 2 post 36

Last edited:

Seb66

Wicked, Cheers guys, yeah i first thought it was the cables. (as one was almost a nich longer in the cabin) so replaced them to find that one side was still longer than the other. Went back under the car and inspected the calipers and sure enough they would not spring back. So will fit them and re tension the cable adjuster in the cabin.

Thanks guys, great response to my first post!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members