Installing an aftermarket stereo on SEAT Ibiza 1.4s

sipowicz

Hi All,

I own a Seat Ibiza 1.4s with an 04 plate. I've purchased a new car stereo for it and was hoping for some help fitting it

I got myself some removal keys and an ISO adapter. I removed the factory fitted stereo and attached my new one (which seems to work fine).

My problem is that my new head unit doesn't stick in the slot, it keeps sliding out. I think the problem is that my new head unit doesn't have the little latches on the side that helped the factory fitted one stay in place (see below)

i39.tinypic.com/i27d5y.jpg

I also received a harness with my new stereo (see below)

i43.tinypic.com/2nkl91y.jpg

Any advice on how I can get my new car stereo to stay in place?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
you need to use the correct cage (metal part that sits inside the console), push back a few of the holding clips and then the radio should click into place and hold firm. by the sounds of the above you have purchased a second hand radio without the cage and keys

sipowicz

Hi NickyJam, Thanks for the reply

the stereo was brand new and I received a cage for it (see the second picture i posted. The problem is that the cage doesn't ahve the protruding side bits on it like the factory fitted stereo (se the first pic I posted)

any advice?

-Rob

Your new stereo's harness should fit into the gap, and you have to push the tabs inwards (I tend to use a screwdriver). This fixes the harness in place.
Your aftermarket stereo will then simply slot into the harness.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
Like people have said; make sure you bend the metal clips right over and lock into the dash where you can. if you're really struggling then wrap a strip or 2 of electrical insulation tape round the cage, it might hold it in.

I'm in Doncaster, South Yorks. If you're anywhere near and want a hand just message me or post on here etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.