leon cupra - winter protection

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Hey guys,

Some of you may know me some may not,

My names jake, I have a bodyshop and I have a problem, I'm a cupra holic.

So far I've had 4 Leon cupra r mk1 in various guises, golf gti, audi's and subaru s,

This was my last car, 350 bhp ish spec d 2.5

9307316008_c4a539d324.jpg

9307305852_4ed14026bc.jpg

9304548511_624f7f10bf.jpg

And my anni

5378056278_c4441046f7.jpg

I've put a deposit on a Leon cupra k1,

Great spec auto everything, xenon s, sat nav etc, fsh low miles, pretty much a no brainer. I did want a white one off the classifieds on this forum, that's how I found you but decided against it.

That's the introduction done, now onto mods

I have some heko wind deflectors in my office, and I've ordered my bits for my custom made intake,

One thing for sure tuning the 2.0tfsi engine is expensive. Intakes, exhausts costing stupid money not to mention the costs of the remaps, esp when a lot of them are generic!!!

So I'm building my own intake, ill update this as bits arrive, I'm also contemplating a 3" downpipe decat, and maybe deleting the rear back box, dependant on sound, then It will be off to the rollers for a custom remap, followed by on the road final tweaks, *

Jake

Ps not actually got the car lol

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site

some goodies turned up :)

one pipe is a bit smaller though and although it fits its not that good, now i can send it back, but im impatent lol

jake

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Great to see you back with yet another Seat Jake. I'm keen to know what the mk2 will look like in the months ahead. I always enjoy your threads so keep us updated :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
im terrible,

ive already priced springs,

looking at wheels, but nothing jumps out, im thinking bbs ch but they have been done to death, or maybe team dynamics pro race 1.2

got my custom remap sorted on a rolling rd, and already have wind deflectors here :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Well finally got the car, booked the train down to Nottingham while in Spain on holiday lol, also left a £100 deposit via paypal, so was a bit of a gamble, but you can tell a clean car when you see it.

Nearly missed the train down lol that was fun, but got a Starbucks on the train so it made it up, was a great choice as it made the drive back much easier/better

The car itself is mint, needs a good clean and machine polish but that's something I always do,

It has everything, fsh, low miles, satnav, dual climate control, adaptive xenons, auto lights, auto wipers, auto dimming mirror, it really is high spec, we activated a few more features with vagcom when I got back, like the coming home lights, and the single button boot pop ready for the boot mod.

Drive wise the suspension tight. Clutch is nice, very good power delivery, bit take but pulls well in fifth gear etc, we got around 30mpg coming back, so not bad, needs a remap though,

Got a jacking point missing but that's going to be posted on

Finally pics

Untitled by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Big thanks to Chris for coming to get yet another car lol and his vagcom genius haha

Jake

Last edited:

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Bought a little minter there Jake, The drive back really was good (Especially the Burger King ) ;)

If you find any more Vagcom tweeks that need doing or anything picking up from the Seat dealership 50 yards from my house then just give me a shout.

Still think the Facelift tailgate & rear lights would be a good addition.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Cupra k1 deep clean

Hey guy’s its new car time, and as always I was egar to get in there and get the car clean

Tbf to the previous owner it wasn’t terrible, you could tell it’s a genuine car.

So first things first,

The dirty pics, the usual stuff –

Mouldy bonnet insulation, leaves under the hood, crud in the nicks etc

So it was on with a very diluted autoglym cleaner and soft brush to get in all the nicks, followed by washing the car in autoglym tfr again diluted, wheels done with autoglym wheel cleaner then a soapy was off for the hell of it,

Car was then dried off and brought inside, I couldn’t use my trust ramp this time, as get this! Some one was actually using it for productive work!!! Not messing like me 

Masked up to hide the cracks and protect the rubbers, I also too this point prior to install my heko wind deflector. Sorry I don’t have any blue tape, im either not scene enough or too cheap ;)

Car wasn’t in terrible condition tbh so didn’t need a huge amount of work, just a few bits marred in places,

Products used were

3m fast cut plus
3m fine compound
3m ultrafine
Various pads
autoglym hd wax
autoglym glass cleaner
autoglym rubber dressing
autoglym tyre shine

this gave us these results

as I always say, spending time like this on your car, helps you get to find all the little bits, I now know I need dent master on two panels, and a few touch ups of chips, but all in all very happy with its condition

Jake

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Cupra k1 deep clean

Hey guy’s its new car time, and as always I was egar to get in there and get the car clean

Tbf to the previous owner it wasn’t terrible, you could tell it’s a genuine car.

So first things first,

The dirty pics, the usual stuff –

Mouldy bonnet insulation, leaves under the hood, crud in the nicks etc

So it was on with a very diluted autoglym cleaner and soft brush to get in all the nicks, followed by washing the car in autoglym tfr again diluted, wheels done with autoglym wheel cleaner then a soapy was off for the hell of it,

Car was then dried off and brought inside, I couldn’t use my trust ramp this time, as get this! Some one was actually using it for productive work!!! Not messing like me 

Masked up to hide the cracks and protect the rubbers, I also too this point prior to install my heko wind deflector. Sorry I don’t have any blue tape, im either not scene enough or too cheap ;)

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Car wasn’t in terrible condition tbh so didn’t need a huge amount of work, just a few bits marred in places,

Products used were

3m fast cut plus
3m fine compound
3m ultrafine
Various pads
autoglym hd wax
autoglym glass cleaner
autoglym rubber dressing
autoglym tyre shine

this gave us these results

as I always say, spending time like this on your car, helps you get to find all the little bits, I now know I need dent master on two panels, and a few touch ups of chips, but all in all very happy with its condition

Jake

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
before I even got the k1 I had been looking at the tuning aspect, and realising these cars are bloody expensive, im not the type to pay £400 for an intake, no matter how nice it looks,

so heres your shopping list:

1x70>90mm silicone hose
2x90mm 90degree silicone hoses
1xmetre 90mm alloy pipe
5x80>100 jubilee clips
1x60>80 jubilee clips
Metal rod
Air filter of choice

Tools:
Air saw
Dremel/air grinder
Sanding wheel

Heres how to do it:

The scary bit is cutting your engine cover, once you have this in hand you’ll see how and were to cut, you basically need the maf pipe, don’t forget take the maf sensor out before doing any cutting as they are fragile!!!! You have been warned

You want to get the oval maf pipe to the stage were the coupler fits on,

Next you need a piece of alloy pipe 10.5” long, fit this into the coupler and then onto one of the elbows,

The next pipe is 6.5” long and has the other elbow and filter on it (I chose a ramair filter which can flow over 400bhp)

I then made a couple of brackets out of the steel bar, to hold everything in place, and cut my engine cover to suit,

Heres how it all looks now

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
how to make your own 90mm custom intake

before I even got the k1 I had been looking at the tuning aspect, and realising these cars are bloody expensive, im not the type to pay £400 for an intake, no matter how nice it looks,

so heres your shopping list:

1x70>90mm silicone hose
2x90mm 90degree silicone hoses
1xmetre 90mm alloy pipe
5x80>100 jubilee clips
1x60>80 jubilee clips
Metal rod
Air filter of choice

Tools:
Air saw
Dremel/air grinder
Sanding wheel

Heres how to do it:

The scary bit is cutting your engine cover, once you have this in hand you’ll see how and were to cut, you basically need the maf pipe, don’t forget take the maf sensor out before doing any cutting as they are fragile!!!! You have been warned

You want to get the oval maf pipe to the stage were the coupler fits on,

Next you need a piece of alloy pipe 10.5” long, fit this into the coupler and then onto one of the elbows,

The next pipe is 6.5” long and has the other elbow and filter on it (I chose a ramair filter which can flow over 400bhp)

I then made a couple of brackets out of the steel bar, to hold everything in place, and cut my engine cover to suit,

Heres how it all looks now

DSC_3199 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

DSC_3191 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG0154 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

DSC_3189 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Jake

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
exhaust is being made and fitted friday,

the wheels are coming tomorrow, i hope!

made a right balls up and bought et20 lol, managed to change them out for some et40 though

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members