Damian's Leon #red_black project (NOW SOLD)

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.

PcUFJ7j.jpg
TOPIC UPDATE: 01/12/2014

ABOUT:
Hello, not going to say a lot about me because this is my Leon's topic. If you want to find out more about me, check out: this. The car: It's an 2004 Flash Red Seat Leon 1.4 in Standard Edition. Bought this car from nice lady who was the first owner of the car and she kept the car in perfect condition all the time. Everything was service at Seat and it was all done on time. It's a very clean car with only 56k on the clock. I'm just turning 18 and decided to do myself a project with this car, because it was a perfect deal and this is a car that can be driven for a very long time without any issues.

BOUGHT AS:
(Bought on: 09/09/2013)
  • 56,000 miles
  • CD Player
  • Air Con
  • Front Electric Windows
  • Red stitched leather steering wheel
  • 1.4 75 BHP
  • Its completely clean and standard car
  • Bought of the first owner

GALLERY:
(Project started: 23/09/2013)

15/09/2013
WuSRcXP.jpg

EcW4yjk.jpg

8443b22218ca11e3bbe622000a9f1270_7.jpg

11/10/2013
i5tXUtN.jpg

18/10/2013
Z5ORLL8.jpg

N40sDMQ.jpg

4KjShhS.jpg

20/10/2013
1392021_749279918422546_1378515748_n.jpg

1378458_749280721755799_1345189570_n.jpg

946036_749280835089121_1852737472_n.jpg

1398192_749281245089080_123420933_o.jpg

1397769_749281405089064_1180761074_o.jpg

25/10/2013
kxT9jjX.jpg

17/11/2013
Oxt1lPD.jpg

s3AISOB.jpg

fIdX0cD.jpg

14/01/2014
5mboQVl.jpg

29/01/2014
BS4TCBq.jpg

lWvZrB6.jpg

0YwiuYv.jpg

12/03/2014
yvKIuTW.jpg

14/04/2014
Yh5qXtU.jpg

03/05/2014
IdkWlbO.jpg

05/05/2014
WUeS8ay.jpg

20/05/2014
uyDtVrz.jpg

26/11/2014
PBCF8dN.jpg

VJk35r6.jpg

MODIFICATIONS:

Interior:
  • New taxdisc
  • Handbrake and gear stick leather gaiter with red stitching (to match leather steering wheel with red stitching)
  • Silver trim around dials
  • Metal Cupra R foot rest
  • Illuminated Audi S3 air vents
  • White LEDs in Glove Box
  • Install leather armrest
  • Full Leather Interior with electric adjustments (All seats + door carts)
  • New black car mats
  • Smoke tint on door cards puddle lights
  • Metal cupra pedals
  • White LEDs for dials instead of red (audi style)
  • Custom made cupra style dials
  • Paint facia and ash tray in red and polish it
  • Change doom light to LEDs
  • Front RED LEDs foot lighting
  • W8 light upgrade
  • Boot LED lights

Exterior / Body:
  • Side LED blinkers
  • Remove mudflaps
  • De-badge
  • Paint front and back "S" badge (handle) to black (plastidip)
  • Rear silver indicator bulbs
  • Rear Cree LED white reverse bulbs
  • Colour Coding bumper "strips"
  • Front aero wipers
  • Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion
  • Short Aerial
  • New clean rear reg plates with double sided sticky pad so no screws (clean reg plates with no dealers markings etc.)
  • Front LED Day running lights in place of fog lights
  • LCR Front Splitter
  • Cupra sideskirts
  • 6k HID's Kit
  • Tint rear (and slightly side) windows
  • Gloss vinyl wrap roof in black
  • Some little stickers around
  • Fly eye tint on front headlights
  • Smoke tint rear lights
  • Smoke tint 3rd stop light (middle strip) + paint the rest of the spoiler black
  • Paint bottom parts (now black) of front and rear bumper to red
  • De-lock mod on drivers door
  • Gloss Black mirrors
  • Full-Beam Frost White Bulbs
  • 10 LED CANBUS Sidelights
  • Change back Reg-plate lighting to white LEDs

Suspension / Wheels / Brakes:
  • Red Paint and refurbishing brake callipers
  • 18" Rims
  • Coilovers kit with springs
  • Black wheel bolt covers
  • 10 mm spacers all round
  • Braided Brake Hoses

Engine Bay / Performance:
  • Iridium NGK Spark Plugs
  • Sturt brace
  • Oil Breather Catch Tank
  • New oil cap
  • New Washer cap
  • Tuning chip
  • Throttle Body of 1.6 16v Engine
  • Inlet Manifold of 1.6 16v Engine
  • K&N Typhoon Air Intake System
  • Exhaust manifold has been refurbished and gaskets changed
  • Change exhaust system with de-cat pipe and 6x4 oval tip
  • New bigger BOSH Battery
  • Cold air induction pipe for air filter
  • Red Stainless M6 Socket Screws
  • Removed manifold cover
  • Clean & Refurbish Cylinder Head Cover with new seal

Audio System:
  • Install silent coat on doors for audio
  • 12" Edge with 900w Amp Subwoofer
  • Alpine CDE-175R Head unit
  • Front custom made pillars with morel tweeters
  • New facia surrounding for head unit -> paint in red

Everything in bold, means the mod is done!

01/12/2014
Car has been sold!

n3Hl4Rw.jpg
THANKS FOR WATCHING.

Last edited:

1NCUBUS

Lovely colour mate! Nice plans too, good luck along the way.

Advice? Please skip the remap, totally not worth the money and effort. It wil remain to be an 1.4, wich just isnt fast, and will never be. Rather spend that $ on other usefull mods.
Just keep her oiled up and tidy.

Try plasti dip on the rims! Just did my 18 inch RS6 with matt black + 2 layers of plasti dip metalizer, its lovely and cheap too.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Lovely colour mate! Nice plans too, good luck along the way.

Advice? Please skip the remap, totally not worth the money and effort. It wil remain to be an 1.4, wich just isnt fast, and will never be. Rather spend that $ on other usefull mods.
Just keep her oiled up and tidy.

Try plasti dip on the rims! Just did my 18 inch RS6 with matt black + 2 layers of plasti dip metalizer, its lovely and cheap too.
Thanks ! Will defo use the plasti dip. Ill use it on my front and back badge and decide on my rims.

All these mods , but not one to improve power output :confused:
Like csd said, it's a 1.4 and I think its no point to work on power because it would be un-healthy for the engine anyway. All I'm planing is decent exhaust, sport filters and was gonna do remapping but as 1NCUBUS advised its no point so might buy those BHP chips but not sure about that because they are not biggie. If you have any suggestions I could work on, on 1.4 engine, you're free to share them with me. :whistle:

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Just to add, this project will began fully when first Ill do all the little things that need to be done and service the car. Need to change water pump with whole timing belt kit and in seat service the told me 420 quid for everything. :-o

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Sorry for no updates. Just been busy with my work and college and was trying to get the car sorted with the service. I need to change: timing belt kit + water pump, drive belt, oil change with filters, fuel filter and few little bits like two bulbs on dash, bolts under the car so there would be no noise when starting. In Seat for all that they told me ~650 quid which is a blast. Around 40 miles from me, found service that would do all of that for 380 but they're fully booked for now so having all this done in just more then a month.
Right now Im just going to buy and change air filter for some K&N Sports filters. Im not starting my projects just now because Ive hardly been driving the car and first have to get service done which is a bit costly.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, update:

first mod:
eyCLa42.jpg

No, its my parents joke.

To start with - some info. The project basically started. Had a better look and it seams that time belt and drive belt are really good condition, same with filters and spark plugs which I'm really happy about because only I've got left is to do service which is this thursday-friday at seat and hopefully after that I can apply most of the mods I bought. Ordered few little things, but thats how I want to start with.

New LED sidebulbs:
DGcFAUW.jpg

b9qiClj.jpg

To be honest, they are really nice and bright. Now just need to get HIDs or bulbs - will make a separate thread about that because need to find out a bit more about this.

Extra photo with my pals golf:
kY9BQJz.jpg

V A G!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Little update:
The LED sidebulbs I installed exploded. Well, one of them completely fall apart and LED fall off and second one slightly bend. Of course both don't work. It's funny because only had them for 2-3 hours and that happened and I've been regular driving. Strange. Also dropped my car off to seat garage for service and fix really annoying metal sheet under the car thats missing two bolts. Picking my baby up tomorrow afternoon.

New mods:
- New WHITE GOOD QUALITY sidebulbs
- Front aero wipers
- Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion
- Short Aerial
- Full-Beam & Main-Beam 100 W White bulbs

Coming Up mods:
- Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof
- Tinted windows
- LED interior
- LED back regplate
- Front and back seat logo sprayed in black plastidip

Getting some look to it!

Photos coming up!

gmengg

Little update:
The LED sidebulbs I installed exploded. Well, one of them completely fall apart and LED fall off and second one slightly bend. Of course both don't work. It's funny because only had them for 2-3 hours and that happened and I've been regular driving. Strange. Also dropped my car off to seat garage for service and fix really annoying metal sheet under the car thats missing two bolts. Picking my baby up tomorrow afternoon.

New mods:
- New WHITE GOOD QUALITY sidebulbs
- Front aero wipers
- Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion
- Short Aerial
- Full-Beam & Main-Beam 100 W White bulbs

Coming Up mods:
- Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof
- Tinted windows
- LED interior
- LED back regplate
- Front and back seat logo sprayed in black plastidip

Getting some look to it!

Photos coming up!

Looks pretty nice.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Picked the car up from seat service today. Need to buy winter tyres and new back brake discs. Paid 152 quid but not too bad for fitting two bulbs inside dash, sorting out the heat shield, oil change and over all check.

Done today:
- Reg Plate LEDs lighting

Tomorrow (or actually today) will upload some photos because tomorrow I'm fitting new brakes, de-badging it, blacking out front and rear "S" logo and removing the mud-flaps. If my LED interior light comes, will also do that.

Some photos tomorrow so stay tuned!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
so, another update. Did little work on it and due to worn out brakes, I bought brake pads and brake discs for 41 quid in local store. Some screws were too hard to unscrew without good skills and machines so didnt manage to change them and decided that I will return those brake discs and pads and get a kit of ebay for 70 quid which seems way better. Discs are drilled and grooved and pads are brembo. Will take it to the garage when it comes in.

Now mods:
Managed to do my front and rear S logo paint it in plasti dip. Looks sweet to me. Also de-badge it, removed the mudflaps, did LED inside lighting and changed side blinkers. Car is looking nicer and nicer with every mod. Its nothing crazy but I don't want it look too crazy since its only 1.4 and its my first car and Im 18. I like little mods with limits.

Anyway, some photos:
wPJhxye.jpg

6bryxYm.jpg

jo5Sv1n.jpg

DeLmNTP.jpg

hLPyBIL.jpg

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
This is quite bad image quality but still:
VOY81g9.jpg

5qq4Dhb.jpg

pSM5tiU.jpg

nBfiG4t.jpg

Ordered two interior LEDs and cupra dials to change my ones to cupra's. The dials will come within 2 weeks so will show you how it will look after.

Also will be doing tinted windows and gloss black vinyl wraped roof as soon as I get money. :rolleyes:

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, another little upgrades that I do like. Fitted two LED bulbs for doom light and LEDs for the boot light is well. Gonna see how much light they give at night but can already see its few times better then before.

V3ivm8o.jpg

rbJjguo.jpg

Also got these: but will fit it in soon. Have to see how all goes.
E9rs7C9.jpg

Also, tinted windows and gloss black vinyl wrapped roof is coming soon, so stay tuned. [B)]

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, like I thought, the cupra dials didn't work with mines. Car didn't even start! Will sell them and get custom made ones soon!

For not I wanna work a bit on the body. Get scraps off, paint little pop ups from gravel/stones and do a big nice cleaning with waxing.

Black roof and tinted windows hopefully next week!

Some bad lighting quick photos:
mC7HL3M.jpg

8UXbqcY.jpg

Yev4KIU.jpg

ZN2SQzG.jpg

rhuVvOV.jpg

poNG1iz.jpg

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, on Wednesday doing gloss black vinyl wrapped roof + spoiler and tinting windows. They also gonna tint my front headlights for the price. Front windows full legal tint and rears - not sure about those. Should I go full limo or medium limo, guys? Need opinions, please!

Thanks!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, VERY big change to the car. Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof, tinted front and rear windows and flyeye lights tints.
1375754_516171555141017_1689406296_n.jpg

1044082_516171615141011_1878254854_n.jpg

dakrfv3.jpg

IgEOHR6.jpg

9R7uhkD.jpg

3gQkeLU.jpg

fD64lIQ.jpg

ay6eENv.jpg

asY0ipT.jpg

6GUvRLh.jpg

EFx0SXH.jpg

yUxFCG8.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.