Lavery's Cupra tdi

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Had my mk4 ibiza cupra tdi for around 6 months now and thought I'd start a readers ride.

My Peugeot 106 got wrote off by a parked trailer and it's hand brake snapped, missed an A7, A4 and Golf GTI, rolled down the works car park and hit the 106 - what a blessing! :) insurance gave me £700 plus the car back!
Anyway, that weekend saw a 360 mile round trip from Manchester to Newcastle to view the cupra and the following weekend she was on my drive :).
I bought it with 58000 on the clock, well maintained, full service history and was a huge jump from the pokey 106!
This is how I bought her:

image_zpsab5263a9.jpg

image_zpse6b3dd16.jpg

I like it as it is so the exterior shouldn't see too much change, apart from handling as I go along.

Firstly I bought a few goodies from a friend
image_zps76f3e851.jpg

There is a boot tray too but no pic of that

Then the strut brace got some TLC (still haven't got round to fitting this)
image_zps91749e28.jpg

Red vac hoses came next
image_zps99cc27e8.jpg

Then I was cleaning the engine bay at the weekend and by the time it was dark I had some more white...
image_zps18ef6bac.jpg

image_zps1ba377a0.jpg

And finally a picture of the bay semi-clean
image_zps7140aaa3.jpg

This is currently where I am up to and in posting this I am hoping it will force me to make faster progress :whistle:.
Please feel free to comment :)

Dan

Last edited:

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Had my mk4 ibiza cupra tdi for around 6 months now and thought I'd start a readers ride.

My Peugeot 106 got wrote off by a parked trailer and it's hand brake snapped, missed an A7, A4 and Golf GTI, rolled down the works car park and hit the 106 - what a blessing! :) insurance gave me £700 plus the car back!
Anyway, that weekend saw a 360 mile round trip from Manchester to Newcastle to view the cupra and the following weekend she was on my drive :).
I bought it with 58000 on the clock, well maintained, full service history and was a huge jump from the pokey 106!
This is how I bought her:

image_zpse6b3dd16.jpg

image_zpsab5263a9.jpg

I like it as it is so the exterior shouldn't see too much change, apart from handling as I go along.

Firstly I bought a few goodies from a friend
image_zps76f3e851.jpg

There is a boot tray too but no pic of that

Then the strut brace got some TLC (still haven't got round to fitting this)
image_zps91749e28.jpg

Red vac hoses came next
image_zps99cc27e8.jpg

Then I was cleaning the engine bay at the weekend and by the time it was dark I had some more white...
image_zps18ef6bac.jpg

image_zps1ba377a0.jpg

And finally a picture of the bay semi-clean
image_zps7140aaa3.jpg

This is currently where I am up to and in posting this I am hoping it will force me to make faster progress :whistle:.
Please feel free to comment :)

Dan

Fixed the pics :)

Car looks nice mate :D

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Some shots after a quick 20 minute wash... Turn 3 hour wash, wax and polish

image_zps9de58482.jpg

image_zps48b96b94.jpg

image_zps0fd2e098.jpg

image_zpsf8da1f0b.jpg

Going to pull my finger out in the morning and fit the strut brace that's been lying around in my room. The car has recently had a full service, so I will clean the filter with pipercross cleaner to ensure it's done properly too.
Not much progress at the minute other than that :banned:, it's ashame that Progress and Cash Flow go hand-in-hand :( mods should come thick and fast after Christmas :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Looking good liking the engine bay mine is Simalur to yours tobehoest under the bonnet pics below if your after other ideas.

I have been wanting a strut brace just ain't found one yet not wanting to pay full price lol.

I love te color of the wheels they look smart.

Not sure on the D C sticker on the front bumper not to my likings even throught am a huge skater fan ( too old to do that these days hahhaha) looking forward to more progress my car has been on stop for some time now no penny's to spend :(

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Looking good liking the engine bay mine is Simalur to yours tobehoest under the bonnet pics below if your after other ideas.

I have been wanting a strut brace just ain't found one yet not wanting to pay full price lol.

I love te color of the wheels they look smart.

Not sure on the D C sticker on the front bumper not to my likings even throught am a huge skater fan ( too old to do that these days hahhaha) looking forward to more progress my car has been on stop for some time now no penny's to spend :(

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Thanks a lot matey, I knew which car it was half way through the spec, been silently keeping an eye on your car :)
Got the strut off a good pal along with one of the hidden parcel shelf trays, de-badged grille and a few other goodies. He was only after 40 for the lot but I gave him 60 why he's a mate.

I know where you are coming from with the stickers I'm going off them myself now. They were really just to add to the red theme.

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Well I got a few jobs done today and found a hidden surprise!

Quick pic of Boot Tray
image_zpsc8285d46.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Firstly, fitted the brace that has been laying painted in my room
image_zpsa810eba3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also had a scratch which has been getting on my nerves
image_zps15508d62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tried this stuff which didn't work...
image_zps0383ba15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then tried this little beauty
image_zps1533a98b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Voila!!...the stuff is magic
image_zps9f296434.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A bit fell out of my screwdriver why I was cleaning so I got the car on the... 'ramps' :D ...and removed the skid tray for the first time to find it
image_zps2953967d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Noticed that the turbo pipe is leaking so I will be uprating this to the forge one as soon as funds permit. I knew the standard one was quite restrictive but it's not until you get under the car that you realise how restrictive that pipe is!
image_zps674f1c44.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now for the surprise!... Car is already de-cat.. Nice mod to 'stumble' on :funk:
image_zps8c28c33b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Not entirely sure bud, they were already done when I got it.
They look more of a gun metal colour to me as they are shinier than a friends anthracite wheels

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Not an update as such, but will be ordering these in the next week or so... I work around the corner from AwesomeGTI so thought I'd pop in on my lunch...

3EB376A1-8370-4CEE-8F61-22D724D1F56E-462-000000598B582EE2_zps371f8ec2.jpg
D46946E6-3704-43D2-861D-E3861A9D5D48-462-0000005994E00CE8_zpsd3f8c44b.jpg

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Excellent looking Cupra! I love the red on the S badge at the front, did you do that or was it already done? Wheels look awesome as well. Might have to upgrade my boost pipes soon as there is defo oil leaking from mine somewhere.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.