Listers - Parts

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Announcements, FAQs & Rules » ** FORUM RULES & FAQ - Please Read ** » Comments, Suggestions and Announcements

Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Got something to say about SEATCupra.net? Want to suggest a feature for the site, or even spotted an error? Let us know in here.

View Poll Results: Would you like a deal section?
Deal 13 92.86%
or no deal 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-12-2013, 17:22   #1
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
Deals sub forum?

I was thinking about this today and wondered if would add something to the forums at all, basically another area similar to the parts for sale area that would be used specifically to highlight deals and special offers on car parts.

For instance I posted a deal yesterday where the Halfords Pro toolkit was £80 instead of the usual £200 and thought it would be good to let other forum members know, but the best area I could find to put this in was in the General Off Topic area (luckily someone saw the post and benefitted from it)

We all like to get something for cheaper than retail and thought it would be good to maybe have a dedicated place for people to post their findings while trawling the web.

I did a quick search and can't see that this has been suggested before and just wondered what everyone thought?
Old 27-12-2013, 14:21   #2
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
I'd guess from the overwhelming response it's not something anyone is bothered about
Old 27-12-2013, 15:43   #3
CraigFrTsi
"Dude I almost had you"

CraigFrTsi has 10 points
Lol, the only other person to vote
Old 27-12-2013, 16:44   #4
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
Good man

Obviously the admins have the ultimate say on changes to the forum like this but I just thought I'd ask to see if people think it would be beneficial, if there is enough interest (unlikely looking at the response so far lol) then maybe it is something they may consider.
Old 27-12-2013, 16:50   #5
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

cupraslayer has 20 points
There you go. I've added another vote. Thing is , admin do this for the love and in their spare time. Maybe this is something they could do at a later date when they get a bit . They do a smashing job , but maybe worth bearing in mind for future ref .
Good idea though !
Old 27-12-2013, 16:53   #6
CraigFrTsi
"Dude I almost had you"

CraigFrTsi has 10 points
Understandable with regards to mods, the have their own lives and jobs to do and like you say this is something they try to do in their spare time. Which I have no gripes about as they're doing a good job
Old 27-12-2013, 16:54   #7
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
I'm putting no pressure on the admins here at all mate, I totally agree with you about the time and effort they put into keeping this place in shape, as you say this is not their job and is something they do in their spare time.

Just thought I would make a suggestion in the hope it may add something to the forum for new comers and long term members alike, we all like a nice little saving on our car bits
Old 27-12-2013, 17:21   #8
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

Totally agree with you bud . Well hopefully a few more will agree with us , and the great admin will see what can be done. I'm sure if it will benefit they will add something similar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29-12-2013, 19:29   #9
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
I thought it was worth floating the idea at least

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk
Old 29-12-2013, 19:55   #10
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

m0rk has 100 pointsm0rk has 100 points
In principle it could work, but there'd need to be enough throughput to make it viable on its own

Plus people will still post it in the Leon Mk2 section

Last edited by m0rk; 29-12-2013 at 19:56.
m0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 19:58   #11
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rk View Post
Plus people will still post it in the Leon Mk2 section
Muppets :-)
Old 29-12-2013, 20:07   #12
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
That was my main concern I think, just people not using it enough.
Old 29-12-2013, 20:15   #13
big eck
Banned

big eck has 30 points
This is a great idea. Somewhere you can put deals like group buys etc.
big eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 20:22   #14
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

m0rk has 100 pointsm0rk has 100 points
No, group buys are bad.... Or at least we had some bad experiences where people would 'organise' a GB, and get a cut of sales
Old 29-12-2013, 20:56   #15
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
I think it's one of those things that could either die a horrible death due to lack of activity or could turn out to be really useful and help lots of people out, it all hinges on people being bothered enough to post stuff up to share with others.
Old 29-12-2013, 20:58   #16
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafoo View Post
I think it's one of those things that could either die a horrible death due to lack of activity or could turn out to be really useful and help lots of people out, it all hinges on people being bothered enough to post stuff up to share with others.
Must admit , I haven't seen many deals mentioned on here.
Old 29-12-2013, 21:02   #17
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraslayer View Post
Must admit , I haven't seen many deals mentioned on here.
Very true mate, which I was I'm a little curious on how it would be received.

Could be that you haven't seen many because there is no dedicated area and it's not something people think to do.

Or it could be that you haven't seen any because people couldn't care less or can't be arsed to post them up.

That's why I thought I'd put a poll up to try and gauge interest, from the 29 people that have read the thread only 11 have bothered to vote which makes me think that there wouldn't be enough interest in this but maybe I'm being defeatist.

Last edited by Crafoo; 29-12-2013 at 21:04.
Crafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 21:06   #18
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

In theory the post link would work. It's like you just said...... Would people be bothered to put it on ? Many people ask for Lcr bumpers and upgrades . Could be used for things like that spotted in eBay at a bargain price??? Always having a flick on the bay and see a few good things at decent prices. It's just if others can be bothered to let others know .
Old 29-12-2013, 21:12   #19
Crafoo
Crazy Fool!

Crafoo has 30 points
I know linking to ebay items is frowned upon in the for sale section which is fair enough but I don't know if that would be relaxed or not on an area designed specifically to highlight deals on things.
Old 29-12-2013, 21:17   #20
cupraslayer
I want more bhp

I'm sure there's a reason that it's frowned upon, but I don't know why that is . Guessing someone has done something out of order regarding it ?? Dunno .
Have to wait and see. Mork hasn't ruled it out, so with a bit more interest maybe something could be sorted .