Jarre's 2.0TDi CR FR170

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Finally decided I should start a readers ride for my car!

I used to have a 1.2TSi Leon, however due to the mileage I do, plus wanting more power, decided it would be a good idea to change to a 2.0TDi. Back in May last year I changed it to a 2011/61 plate white Leon FR.

I love the car to bits, it does everything I need it to and it does it really well. I'll get on with uploading photos and progress with it :)

Cheers,

Sam

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Firstly, some photos of what it looked like when I first got it! Just a bog standard FR+ :)

yhu4aqu2.jpg

equ3aqy5.jpg

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The first job carried out was a bit of cleaning, the tailpipes has clearly never had any attention!
any6a2u9.jpg

No where near perfect but a big improvement on what it was.

Next was a Triple R Composites splitter and a bit of rough vinyl wrapping! I also got a new set of mirror caps and had them sprayed gloss black :)
yne7u8u2.jpg

egu4abam.jpg

y5a6edyj.jpg

Already looking loads better!

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I also fitted LED DRLs, number plate and sidelight bulbs to freshen the car up a bit!
y5ezu6a5.jpg
9ubeduru.jpg

SCN sticker, obviously ;)
yzura6a9.jpg

Next up was the alloy wheels to be refurbished in gloss black, this required the use of my winter wheels for a couple of days :(
e9a3ujuj.jpg

Definitely worth it though!
ruqa3uha.jpg

For anyone who may have picked up on my bad wrapping skills, I had a local company redo it, £45 for the lower lip, grill and the section behind the number plate :) the vinyl wrap also does not affect the parking sensors!
y8y8ujed.jpg

ypupubu5.jpg

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Nice black & white go very well. I miss my FR :(

I didn't have the 18s though, just 17s. Prefer the 18s.

Yours looks to be a decnet spec with the xenons, front sensors - assume FR+?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
It was around this time that I went to GTI International! It was a good day and saw some very nice cars. It was here that I saw a couple of debadged Leon's and decided I needed to do the same!
zadejyju.jpg

I also picked up some pressed plates and surrounds

tasevyta.jpg

The plates conform to the British standards required :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I've upgraded my speakers to IVE Slick 6 Co-Axial and have also added a VIBE SLR 12 subwoofer. This has vastly improved the sound in my opinion :)

sety8a4y.jpg

I knew even before I got the car that it would need lowering. My previous leon was on eibach sportlines and I was tempted to get the same, but something in my mind wanted to explore all options first! After speaking to numerous different people who have ran coil overs on the leon/golf/A3 platform I settled on a set of AP coil overs and had Awesome GTI supply and fit them!

etedu6em.jpg
bujamyba.jpg
pyry7agy.jpg

As you can see the stance provided isn't great, the back is lower than the front and therefore it has a nose up stance.

The car is probably as comfortable as the standard suspension, a form ride but not crashy. The car handles a lot better too, as well as looking better!

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I've upgraded my speakers to IVE Slick 6 Co-Axial and have also added a VIBE SLR 12 subwoofer. This has vastly improved the sound in my opinion :)

sety8a4y.jpg

I knew even before I got the car that it would need lowering. My previous leon was on eibach sportlines and I was tempted to get the same, but something in my mind wanted to explore all options first! After speaking to numerous different people who have ran coil overs on the leon/golf/A3 platform I settled on a set of AP coil overs and had Awesome GTI supply and fit them!

etedu6em.jpg
bujamyba.jpg
pyry7agy.jpg

As you can see the stance provided isn't great, the back is lower than the front and therefore it has a nose up stance.

The car is probably as comfortable as the standard suspension, a form ride but not crashy. The car handles a lot better too, as well as looking better!

Stance is very nice mate

dlok

Feb 4, 2014
I'm torn at the moment between picking up a diesel or petrol turbo.. I do love my petrols but I also need to save for a house deposit :/

SPek9

Looking well mate, good progress so far!

Im averaging 45mpg doing mainly short journeys in my 2.0tdi CR FR but have seen 60mpg on the motorway which im very pleased with and its a good bit better than the older pd170 leons

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I decided the side of the car needed something, it looked bland. The obvious solution was side skirts, but I can't afford that.

Next best thing, a side stripe costing £20 from eBay! It's not to everyone's taste, I'm not 100% sure yet, but it's easy enough to remove :)

ese6emyn.jpg

Foolishly I agreed to take 5 people, plus luggage, to leeds festival! This was the outcome from the abysmal weather and subsequently the mud bath of a field we had to leave our cars in!

agyqu9am.jpg

ny2emypu.jpg

ere7e7ug.jpg
y9esuqe7.jpg
edugavyt.jpg

Believe it or not, it did make it through the humps and bumps of the fields, despite many many scrapes!

A few weeks after this I walked out my front door and saw this in front of me!

ugage4yq.jpg

Poor little guy, he was jammed right in there, god knows how he managed to do it!