My Black Leon Cupra 180

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Well, here’s my Leon Cupra. I purchased the car about 2 months ago, completely standard with FSH and low miles :) It is a 2003 Cupra 180.

Here’s a few pictures of the day I picked her up :)

fyhf0h.jpg

2u4lb1k.jpg

2u9q0b7.jpg

After registering on here and chatting with a few of you guys I managed to come up with a list of modz that would enhance the looks and performance of my car.

Interior:
Boost and Oil Temp gauges
Car mats (because they're easier to clean lol)

Exterior:
Jack point cover (driver’s side)
Paint Calipers
Either new alloys or spray the current ones white (not sure yet)
Debadge boot
New wipers.

Performance:
Remap
Exhaust
N249 bybpass.
Dump valve (Forge seems to be favourite on here).

I'm still unsure on what gauges to buy as I'm on a budget, any you guys recommend?

Last edited:

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
After a trip to Halfords, I purchased a new set of wipers, car mats and some caliper paint ready to start on the weekend. (No pics of wipers or mats sorry lol)

Here is what the caliper looked like before painting:
2hz79q8.jpg

Here’s what it now looks like : )
2hrlpqc.jpg

Whilst I was waiting for the calipers to dry I decided to debadge the boot. After speaking to you guys on here I did try the hairdryer and flosh method...and it worked so much better than I expected lol. Alot easier than some of the other cars I’ve debadged.

Here is how the car stands today, painted callipers and debadged boot.
2h6hmox.jpg

2qc4gwm.jpg

I’m very pleased with the results and think that it really improves the look of the car :)

Let me know what you guys think :)

pigeon fancier

Sep 27, 2013
Chesterfield
There is a thread on south wales rolling road,even if you didn't want to dyno your car,Just pop along for a chat.The date will be on there as it isn't set in stone yet,Trying for the 11th May.

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
If you want to lower it mate you can get springs alone which'll start from about 100 quid, Ask Damien@DPM on here he'll sort you out :)

I've got an LC 180 as well and it looks almost identical to yours apart from yours is the facelift I'm leaving mine pre facelift so it doesn't look like it's anything quick :D

If you're after a pillar pod and gauges etc, I don't know too much about gauges themselves but there's a couple of pillar pods for the A pillar for around 34-36 quid so well worth looking into :)

I wish mine was black not blue though black looks so much nicer :D

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
There is a thread on south wales rolling road,even if you didn't want to dyno your car,Just pop along for a chat.The date will be on there as it isn't set in stone yet,Trying for the 11th May.

Ok cheers mate, will have a look now :)

If you want to lower it mate you can get springs alone which'll start from about 100 quid, Ask Damien@DPM on here he'll sort you out :)

I've got an LC 180 as well and it looks almost identical to yours apart from yours is the facelift I'm leaving mine pre facelift so it doesn't look like it's anything quick :D

If you're after a pillar pod and gauges etc, I don't know too much about gauges themselves but there's a couple of pillar pods for the A pillar for around 34-36 quid so well worth looking into :)

I wish mine was black not blue though black looks so much nicer :D

£100 is reasonable for lowering springs. The pillar pods aren't a problem it's just the gauges that are troubling me as there as so many out there that it's confusing me lol

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
I've heard good things about Pro Sport gauges, what colour are your clocks are they black / light up red or white / red?

I'm guessing you'll be after Boost Gauge and Oil Temp?

My dials are white/red and I'm looking for white faced gauges. Those ProSport gauges look great but a didn't want to pay that much.

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Since we last left off, I have bought a few things for my LC :)

First off was an Open cone air filter. I decided to fit this along with doing the N249 bypass. Upon fitting I realised that I would need an Oil breather and so that is on order from the internet as Halfords no longer stock them :( ....... I also decided whilst I was busy under the bonnet that I would remove the bonnet lining (after I read about it on here) and I must say, what it difference it makes (looks and sound) :)
msnczk.jpg

Secondly, I ordered a DV. And after ALOT of debate on here I decided to go for the trustworthy Forge 008 valve (courtesy of Awesome GTI), very happy with the sound it makes as it's not too loud :) can't believe how big it is compared to the standard Boosh valve :p
6p4848.jpg

Thirdly, whilst installing my new DV, the postman arrived with my new Turbosmart Boost Gauge (courtesy of Awesome GTI), and we fitted that too...also very happy with the results as the pod only cost £2 as I didn't want to fork out loads for a pillar pod (which I'm not that fused on tbh)
3sw8z.jpg

Lastly, this is how she currently looks. Nothing new exterior wise but that'll be in the future ;)
1zfn5hk.jpg

Here is a video I uploaded of the sound of the new parts...hope you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQhwW4HER0

I'm hoping that in the next few weeks I can get a silicone TIP and silicone boost hoses as some of mine are starting to perish :( ready for her stage 1 remap.

The process of modifying my car is going to be slow due to now having to save for a wedding too.......but I'll keep you posted!

Mike20vT

Boost it or lose it!!
Mar 16, 2014
South Wales
Hey guys, it’s been over a year since I updated this thread, so thought I’d share my few months of modifying with you!

The first mod was spraying the centre console and gear surround black (I’ve seen it done on here and it looks a million times better than the standard colour).
zu3xpz.jpg

I then had a set of customised car mats that read ‘Cupra Turbo’ as a gift from the better half :)
2j3rub4.jpg

I then discovered hydro-dipping. So after enquiring about a few parts that I wanted customised, I sent them off. I had the SEAT badge, front window switches, rear door handles, strut mount covers, fuse box cover, and wing mirrors done....this is the result:
4tnez8.jpg

o586e8.jpg

2w4gpdf.jpg

nntv81.jpg

rr7go1.jpg

It was now time to fit my spacers that had arrived. 20mm back and 15mm front. I don’t have any pics of the front as they arrived a day later so only had a picture of before and after of the rears.
28lrxpw.jpg

Then, as a laugh, my friend gave me a tow strap that he didn’t want on his MR2, so I fitted it....it has since been taking off as was sure it looked a bit odd lol.
jpdfe1.jpg

It was then time to upgrade the engine bay a bit:
first mod was a new bonnet seal to keep all the **** out after a clean lol
ogc21w.jpg

Second mod was braided fuel hoses. Mine looked a bit weak and worn so thought I’d upgrade them in style!
2iiyao7.jpg

Third mod was the new TIP. What a ******* it was to fit....only downside of it though is that it has almost muted the DV, I can barely hear it anymore.
29y5m47.jpg

11trifn.jpg

One afternoon whilst sorting out my friends MR2 Turbo, we decided to fit my triple pillar pod. This took us most of the day and was difficult to sort out, but after a few curse words and a brew it went in.....and I’m happy with the result! Boost / Oil Temperature / Oil Pressure gauges:
155km0n.jpg

I then had a bit of a mad moment and decided to remove and spray the front badge and the window switches as I thought all that carbon fibre looked a bit much.....and black always looks better lol.
2ivjuph.jpg

For my final purchase (until after xmas), I bought German style pressed plates and adjustable coilovers. The plates look amazing and really make the car stand out, and after having several police cars behind me whilst driving around town, not one has said anything. Sadly though the coilovers won’t be fitted until I have more funds as don’t want to attempt them on my own.

This is how the car looks now:
4hphrb.jpg

2eqb3mc.jpg

wi1209.jpg

The next phase is:
Fitting the coilovers,
Decat & downpipe,
New exhaust! :D :D