Ibiza Toca parking sensor retrofit

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
This is fairly simple to do on a Sunday morning. The bumper does not need to come off. All holes are drilled in the black plastic bottom strip. The spacings I used were copied off a Seat Ibiza Toca fitted system, and were 220mm and 600mm from the centre of the bumper both sides respectively. I used a very good system from eBay called a Veyron vs-4.

Remember to put masking or other tape over the drilling area, mark with a pen and use the cutter supplied. Remember to extract to cut out piece of bumper from the cutter before drilling the next hole. As I remember there is a rubber bung in the valance to pass the wires through so you can wire into the reversing light. No problems !

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
I had a couple of hours to play with this today.

Wiring the control box up is pretty simple, strip off the boot carpet on the left hand side and the loom you need to splice in to is right there along with an earth stud.

Feed the wires for the sensors through the number plate light grommet which is also located in the same area.

Next I whipped the bumper off, as I was using a flush sensor kit that was used on the leon above I had to. I placed the middle two sensors with a 500mm pitch and the outside ones 450mm out from these.

I wasnt happy with the hole size from the qmax 11/16in punch, its OD measured 17.7mm as its designed for 17.5mm + clearance. I popped it in the drill and used it as a getto lathe to turn it down to 17.0mm. This gave a snug fit so I would recommend buying the correct 17.0mm punch and not being a cheapskate like I was.

Really happy with the results, looks OEM rather than an after thought. :)

Last edited:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Heres a pic of one of the sensors installed and the parking scuff that caused parking sensors to be purchased. The sensors will get sprayed up when the bumper gets resprayed.

attachment.php

Another showing the other side...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.