Led fogs

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
So whipped out the screws on the near side today and this is what you see when you have the larger washer bottle. The bulb position is level with the middle of the pump. My hands are small but not that small!!!

20151219_141344.jpg

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I put all my lights on last night, i will be swapping out those fogs i think, those Crees from Horizon seem the best so far imo without actually testing them myself, quality, Price and performance wise!!

springerFR

Jan 22, 2014
South Wales
LED front fogs

Hi All

Just thought I give you all an update, decide to treat myself to a Christmas present, so I bought myself a pair of Phillips Xtreme vision LED fog light bulbs from Powerbulbs.

Well I fitted them today and was very pleased with the results. They match the led headlight bulbs almost perfectly.

Not cheap but have a 12year life with 3 year guarantee, and no issue with bulb out warning either.

Overall very impressed. Will try and add some before and after pics if I can.

springersfr

MostafaSaad

Aug 31, 2015
The philips are amazing tbh, I also replaced the DRL bulb by philips' LEDs and they are amazingly great, with no errors shown and the cornering function is working just fine!

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
So I went and finally fitted some cosmos blue mtecs today. The drivers side is really simple but I struggled with the other side due to the washer bottle and I don't even have the larger one! Took about 30 mins most of which was spent trying to negotiate around the washer bottle. All done though and I'll chuck some pictures up later on when it's dark.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Originals:

New Mtecs:

The projected colour match is spot on even though to look at they're not the same. A vast improvement over the standard bulbs :)

Last edited:

TeamBosie

Jul 24, 2013
Toddington, Beds
Just reading this as i've been saying to my wife about trading the 3door Ibiza for a 5door Leon (FR possibly) and interesting read on cornering/fog lights. I have fitted 6000k HIDs to my Jag and replace the fogs with H11 Cree LED bulbs which are approx 5500k. They look good but the light output on the road is next to useless. You could try using 80W Cree LEDs and seeing if they make a difference, the ones I am using cost under a tenner and are about 9V, so maybe a more powerful LED would work. Does the Leon complain if you use LED bulbs, i.e in Fogs and sidelights?

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
Just got my philips diamond white H8`s to replace my foglights and thought I`d have a look behind the arch liner-mission impossible comes to mind!:wtf:

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
I looked on you tube to see if there is a guide to remove the front bumper but could only find a mk6 golf front bumper removal and wondered if anyone else could give any tips on how difficult this is on the mk3 leon

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.