Wheel nut caps

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Hi Guys
So I've had the car 3 weeks and have just noticed that 6 of the wheel bolt covers have disappeared into oblivion. Anyone else had a similar issue? Don't think they've been robbed as they have randomly come off different wheels. I doubt the dealer would cover these so I'm about to order more off David at SERE. I hope this isn't going to be a regular occurance!:cry:

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Funny - noticed I'd lost one yesterday as well. Going to have to look closer now.

One or two on the same wheel could be pushed back on as well..

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Driven 25.000km in one year, changing wheels to winter set, summer set and again winter set, using the same set of wheel nut caps and still have all of them.
Pretty hard to get them out even with the provided tool..

So I think there is a wrong placement of your nut cap during wheel change. :blink::shrug:

plain

Mar 10, 2015
My 2 month old seat I brought second hand has the same issue.

Picked it up last week and noticed that 4 of them are missing already. Planning to use a bit of blue tack to keep the others on.

Does anyone know where I can order replacements online. I've had a look on ebay but I can't guarantee i'm getting the correct size and colour.

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Mines have started to do this lately for whatever reason, especially when washing the car when I hold the hose in close to them, still have all my originals yet thankfully

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
If theyve turned white you must have been using an acidic wheel cleaner on them as that is what discolours them.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Ah that's a good point. I Use a colour changing BMW one. Didn't realise it was acid based. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
I have raised this issue with Seat UK. I shouldn't need to blue tac, add grease etc . I have lost 7 so far and the cars only 3 weeks old. For reference it's a brand new MY16 as per my signature. I'll let you know how I get on if anyone else is in a similar position. I'm to receive a call within 48 hrs..

p1ngwin

Oct 26, 2015
Sweden
same here i have lost 4-5 nut covers.. really booring but you can buy cheap from aliexpress.. 20pcs ~5€

but if its bad quality can we not take it on guarantee? it should not fall of..

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Received a call from Seat UK today to say that this is a known issue. He even stated that there's loads of Leon's in their staff car park with them missing. So anyway the upshot is they are sending me a full set of replacements in the mean time and once the issue has been resolved at factory level they will be back in touch. Time to get the blue tac / grease out!

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
never lost any till new 65 reg

i have lost 2 a month ago though they were being taken dealer put 2 more on the next day i thought i would look to see if still on and 3 were missing but found one on the drive , so i decided to check a lot of them were a loose fit , they were tight when i had taken them off to paint calipers but it seems after being taken off a couple of times they become loose . i decided to take them all off and put some black tape in the inside they went on tight now so hopefully stay on , i had a couple given to me off a skoda these are a diff design but were a good fit , to be fair i have had at least 7 leons and never lost one until this new 65 reg one i had a loan car off seat dealer last week that was 65 reg and 6 were missing ive now sent for a set off alliexpress to try

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
No help to posters who are loosing them but mine have been on the car for over 2 1/2 years now and lost none. They have been on and off every winter (3 now) to change wheels and they still take quite a bit of effort to remove with the tool. The current ones supplied must be loose.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.