had a crash tonight :( so so gutted and worried

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
going around a corner an oncoming van went onto my side and swiped the driver side of my car. so very gutted. only had it for a month and a bit. Insurance said when all confirmed the car will be fixed by Assistant Accident Repair Ltd (orpington branch id guess being the nearest) but the reviews for them are terrible. so im really worried now about the work being shoddy and time it may take. any words of comfort? im in Dartford area.

thanks

not all in pic. but all damage is as follows all on driver side-
(model: Toca 2013)

smashed mirror, scuffed front alloy wheel, dented/scuffed from wheel arch, scuffed door, rear scuffed wheel arch and panel
l0UwStR.jpg

Last edited:

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
I personally would never use an insurance approved garage typically there cheap which is what the insurance companies want rather than decent which is what you want. The problem you face is you wont get a courtesy car if you take the car to a there non approved garage.

Personally I'd get some quotes and time frames from other garages it looks like a fairly minor repair in terms of accident damage so you might not have to wait that long to get a decent repair.

CupraDan85

Jan 19, 2016
sorry to hear about your accident
but I'm pretty sure if you are claiming off there insurance you can choose where you like to take it. and if your claiming on your own then you can get a few quotes and the insurance normally go for the cheapest.

hope you get it sorted

Sampd170

Jan 9, 2015
Shropshire
Hey buddy sorry to hear about the bump, I had a similar issue with a previous car you can say to the insurance company you're not happy with their choice of repairers and see what other options they will offer or even recommend your own and they may stump up the cost and the cost of a courtesy car good luck

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
I realised last night that i had Seats Ensurance.

They are now arranging for the car to repaired at an approved garage.

i have a massive headache today and finding work hard to do worrying about my insurance.

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
I realised last night that i had Seats Ensurance.

They are now arranging for the car to repaired at an approved garage.

i have a massive headache today and finding work hard to do worrying about my insurance.

Stop worrying about your insurance. It will get sorted. That's why we have insurance.

Main thing is, you had an accident and walked away from it. Any car can be replaced and if your premium goes up then so be it. You cant be replaced. All the best.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Your insurance company will say you have to use an approved garage, but that's bollocks.

You pay them so you make the calls, insist on taking it to your own garage. Remind them of the terrible work their approved garage carries out and that if the work isn't 110% on your car you'll be seeking costs for having to get it out right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
Hi all. long story short SEAT/VW have been absolutely wonderful in assisting with the insurance and getting my car sorted. (my insurance company have been pretty incompetent)

Took the car this morning to C+P Panel Craft. I have asked for the damaged wheel back so i can have as a spare. (16" alloy that came with the Toca version)

but i was shocked about the hire car assigned to me. from my £7000 ibiza to a £30,000 4x4. im so nervous about using it. I may ask Europcar for a more normal car.

Big thanks to VW/Seats Ensurance. fantastic service.

64YTV7J.jpg

XdeyPUd.jpg

GavinM

Aug 18, 2007
Castle Douglas
I have one of these as my main car, you won't want to give it back when your Ibiza is repaired, as the man said get out there and enjoy it. Great motors for comfort. :)

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
so i got the car back a week ago on monday. had it MOTd on friday. But washing the car today i find the repair garage STILL had not sorted the mirror. there is still a gap around where it mounts to the door. also the right indicator is loose on the panel AND there is flaky paint at the bottom of the area below the door. pretty annoyed and gutted still that it seems to be half arsed work.

if it has to come to it how do i sort the issues myself. though it will hopefully/should be sorted by ensurance/the repair garage still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2x0vbeSUk

RM9JLtU.jpg

EnZhgu0.jpg

4NOxm1d.jpg

Last edited:

TeamBosie

Jul 24, 2013
Toddington, Beds
Contact your insurance and advise them, they are covering the cost of it so if its not right they should know and you have the right to say my car has not been finished off properly and I want it done correctly.

woozyuk

Nov 29, 2015
erith
all garages are cowboys. what is it with cars...

and yeah i contacted VW ensurance to say the work is crap. Panelworks are collecting the car next monday. (it had already been just over 3 weeks they had the car) im getting reversing sensors fitted this friday by another company

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You are doing the right thing getting back to the repair place as soon as possible, it is just to easy to be relieved to get the car back looking roughly like a car! I scratched my S4 last June and paid to get it sorted by a Audi approved repair shop, it looked okay when I picked it up. About three months later, I noticed scratches on the rear diffuser - it looked like it had been stored "badly" while the bumper cover was getting resprayed - that was annoying but I knew that I had left it too long to complain! After servicing the car myself in February this year, I noticed lots of stored faults which would be due to the rear bumper having been removed for spraying, same thing with driver's door as the mirror would have been removed, lazy stupid sods, I cleared them, but I think have also saved that data! Next, I noticed what looked like the rear door being misaligned, but I have got round to thinking that the trim had been removed and not fitted back down fully. This repair shop has had awards from M-B UK for rebuilding one or some of their fleet of vintage/veteran sports cars!!

As you said, cowboys - unless anyone has a better reason for them not doing what only they are capable of doing properly! Please note, this was not a rush job, car was in for 8 days for refinishing one rear quarter and repainting the complete side to blend it in better.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.