Right indicator on dash no longer works, how do i fix please?

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Hi all

Just found that my right arrow in my dash has gone faulty so not flashing green when i indicate right (still works on outside of car and makes clicking noise)

Does anyone know what needs to be replaced and how??? :confused:

speedO_zpsxrnlxy29.jpg

(Pic is just example not from my car)

Also would this still pass an MOT as indicators work just does not show on dash....?

Cheers

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I don't know of it will fail it's mot or not but I would think its a bulb that needs replacing which will involve removing the while instrument cluste.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
It's an led pal you'll need to replace, a white one as the dial face plate is coloured. Check out Crazyleds.co.uk you'll need the small square ones. Cheers pal.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
I don't know of it will fail it's mot or not but I would think its a bulb that needs replacing which will involve removing the while instrument cluste.

Just trying to find how i get at it, read about lowering the steering wheel and pulling back plastic to show two bolts to remove? :confused:

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Found this but shame the Pics no longer work, will have ago at some point and see if i can figure it out with the notes in the link.

http://workshop-manuals.com/seat/le...d_installing/removal_of_the_instrument_panel/

Removal of the instrument panel
There is no need to remove the steering wheel. However, the following illustrations do not show the steering wheel to facilitate the operations of compression.
– Pull the steering wheel with the height adjustment device, pull it right out and secure it in the lowest position.

– Release the upper cover -1- of the combined steering column switch. To do this, carefully pull it upwards.
E90-0062
– remove the lower -1- and upper -2- bolts that secure the dash panel shade frame.
– Remove the upper cover of the combined steering column switch.
– Remove the dash panel shade frame by carefully releasing the retaining clips -3-. Use tool -U-30800-.
Note
When removing the dash panel frame shade be careful not to damage the surface of the dash panel.
E90-0063
– Remove the upper and lower -arrows- dash panel securing bolts.
– Pull the dash panel towards the driver´s compartment and separate the connectors from the rear part of the dash panel.
– Remove the dash panel carefully so as not to damage its surface. To do this, protect the edges of the dash panel where the frame shade is located with masking tape and remove the panel carefully using tool -U-30800-.

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Ok so i managed to figure it out, quite simple really not like to old school cars.

Have located the faulty LED but how do i replace it? Do i just use some twisers to pull it off and does the replacement one just clip/snap in? :shrug:

Thought i would provide some pics if anyone else needs to get at it.

Cheers

Lift this up and cross head screw is inside.
20160531_173735_zpsi8pzwjo3.jpg

When you pull it out the dash pries clips open gently, this pic is after with cover off but clearly shows you where all 8 clips are located.
20160531_173158_zpslh0h2jqt.jpg

Faulty green LED
20160531_173247_zpssrb6zn4m.jpg

20160531_173256_zpsz4prwibi.jpg

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
It's an led pal you'll need to replace, a white one as the dial face plate is coloured. Check out Crazyleds.co.uk you'll need the small square ones. Cheers pal.

Tested it and yes its dead also checked the left one which is working and its a green LED not white. Can you advise which LED it is on that site (Crazyleds.co.uk) and how easy is it to replace?

Cheers

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
This is an old video when I changed all mine to ice white, do what I'm doing but remove the white plastic casing by simply removing the needles with two tea spoons on each side and push downward for them to pop off then the dial face plate, then flip the board over and release the clock and mileage digital dial's CAREFULLY! flip back over then the white surrounding will come off.

Last edited:

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

There's a link for changing the LED on the dash. Search for "How to change leds in dash cluster" from JoshDoubleYou.

They are pretty small and you need to have a steady hand for this. Carefull not to heat the LED (SMD) more than 3 sec or it melts down.

Best Regards

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon