Group buy - JBS 3" turbo intake pipe

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
If anyone is interested we can get up to 20% off these pipes depending on the number interested.

True gains for Audi S3, Golf R mk6/7 or Leon Cupra 280/290/300

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/5013/jbs-high-flow-3-turbo-inlet-kit-for-mqb-platform-turbo

A full 3" turbo intake kit from the filter to the velocity stack for the MQB platform. Featuring a CNC machined high flow aluminium turbo elbow finished in crackle matte black and 3" high quality silicone intake, exclusive to JBS.

Comment for details of confirm you want one.

This offer has been provided to me by the company
Directly and is a one shot offer.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'm interested. What sort of discount are you expecting? I've been eyeing up the turbo technics offering recently which is a similar price to the jbs offering. Is there any difference to tt version?

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
Hi

Basically they currently have a 10% discount offer off them.
I have been told if I can get 5-10 sold then they will get 15% off
And over 10 sold I can get you all a 20% discount.

Fyi TT version should be similar but can be confirmed with
jBS.

Pretty good for the price.

Last edited:

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
How easy are these to fit? Or is it something you need to visit a mechanic to get done?
If they are straight forward, then I'm interested ☺

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
From what I can tell from YouTube vids it's an easy job. Access seems to be the biggest challenge. I'm no master mechanic but will give this ago with my sausage fingers and fists made of ham.

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
I guess there's only 3 of us interested then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Interested but need to know if fitting aftermarket parts voids warranty or insurance?
I'm probably going to get r600 and turbo muffler delete as well at some point depending on warranty question.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Interested but need to know if fitting aftermarket parts voids warranty or insurance?
I'm probably going to get r600 and turbo muffler delete as well at some point depending on warranty question.

Of course it will.

If your turbo blows or engine blows they will blame the mods, if your suspension brakes then they cant.

Also all mods should be declared to insurance.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Do we have any idea how much mods can push up insurance? Already concerned that my insurance could cost substantialy more this year than last due to increased premiums.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Do we have any idea how much mods can push up insurance? Already concerned that my insurance could cost substantialy more this year than last due to increased premiums.

How long is a piece of string. Far too many factors to add.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Presumably someone will have phoned their insurance by now to see how much this mod will cost before expressing interest. Ballpark it for me. Single figures or triple digits over you per annum cost.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
As said far to many things to add, you might call up and your insurance might say £10, next persons insurance might say £20, some might say nothing.

all depends on the company, the car owner, car owners age.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Oh how I love spending time on the phone with the admiral lol.

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
As said far to many things to add, you might call up and your insurance might say £10, next persons insurance might say £20, some might say nothing.

all depends on the company, the car owner, car owners age.
Or like my previous insurance did and refused to insure me as they don't deal with modifications!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
So this is a bigger better part than the cheaper "Racingline Performance High Flow Turbo Inlet"? I'm interested with a discount, if it can be arranged with postage to the EU.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.