Improving manual gearbox shifts mq250

JMP

May 27, 2004
I have not been very exited about the mq250 gearbox shifts in my 1.4 FR Leon. Shifting is not smooth, sometimes 3rd or 4th gear just dont go in the first try. I wish I had dsg..

It seems mk7 Golf is suffering too and I found positive comments for Dieselgeek gearshifter shaft bushings. I ordered this kit below. Anyone with same problems? Have you done anything to improve the situation?

https://www.dieselgeek.com/products...-shaft-bushings-for-mk4-golf-jetta-new-beetle

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Is yours a different manual box to what my 2017 1.8Tsi would have because mine is super smooth, my last car (Nissan Qashqai) had a really notch manual so I feel for you!

JMP

May 27, 2004
Is yours a different manual box to what my 2017 1.8Tsi would have because mine is super smooth, my last car (Nissan Qashqai) had a really notch manual so I feel for you!

Thanks :) I think its the same box? It may need to be adjusted but I dont know how its done. I was thinking about letting the dealer have a crack at it but Id rather do it myself with time and patience..

JMP

May 27, 2004
Installed these yesterday. The original bushings were really soft. Just took the car around the block and it feels a bit better now! Also I think my gear knob sit originally a bit higher then its now after the install, so thats added bonus. We will see if it cures the problems with faster shifting.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.