Track rod ends Ibiza cupra 20vt 2001 (Ayp)

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
After melting both my track rod ends i have had to search for replacements. Here the story begins my local seat dealers said there was only one type part number 191419811 tie rod l/h. And 191419812 both my local seat dealers said this. After a quick call to Brian at Jabbasport it seems its not the case there are 3 different kinds dependent on chassis numbers actaul suspension type and lettering on the actual track rod end. Just a quick word of warning to any potential buyers of said itmes in the future. It would seem in my case that the part numbers i req are 6E0419812 (Letter code B) passenger side and Drivers side 6E0419811 (Letter code A). Good Luck.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Yep all sorted apart from the Track rod ends. They should be sourced and fitted by Mid week. Then next weekend i am getting 2 new tyres fitted to the front and sometime in the next 4-6 weeks i am getting a new cam belt fitted. The car is currently on 51-52k and i know it could prob do a few more miles yet but its better to be safe than sorry so a new belt will be fitted before 55k. Also had an oil and filter change today. I hope the bank balance can take it Vern. ;)

P.S I cant remember the cam belt change mileage/time but i think its either 72k,75K or 120k. Who cares i like to do things early than to late. Plus with IHI its prob a good idea. £160 from the stealer though :-o .

Last edited:

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Madmile said:
Yep all sorted apart from the Track rod ends. They should be sourced and fitted by Mid week. Then next weekend i am getting 2 new tyres fitted to the front and sometime in the next 4-6 weeks i am getting a new cam belt fitted. The car is currently on 51-52k and i know it could prob do a few more miles yet but its better to be safe than sorry so a new belt will be fitted before 55k. Also had an oil and filter change today. I hope the bank balance can take it Vern. ;)

P.S I cant remember the cam belt change mileage/time but i think its either 72k,75K or 120k. Who cares i like to do things early than to late. Plus with IHI its prob a good idea. £160 from the stealer though :-o .
Some preventative maintainance there then gary eh?LOL @ tyres sure you aint had the last ones long, mind u did'nt you fook em over @ a trackday/croft :thumbup:

vern

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Everything got fooked at croft LOL. Its all true what they say about money bags Bill and his pockets filled with millions of £'s. Trackdays in a IHI'd car could become seriously exspensive.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Madmile said:
Everything got fooked at croft LOL. Its all true what they say about money bags Bill and his pockets filled with millions of £'s. Trackdays in a IHI'd car could become seriously exspensive.

LOL, guaranteed to keep me poor and needing a 2nd job LOL

Replaced my disks today after having to mod them to fit first (which was a surprise!)

Consummables are expensive when giving it pasty. :hide:

jharris

Madmile/Anyone, can you tell me how much you paid for your replacement track rod ends? it appears i melted mine too and the seat garage just quoted me £260 to replace them. They claim they have to drop the subframe down to get to them and it is a very involved job .... i dont have a clue so i'm just trying to figure out whether i'm getting ripped off or not!?!

Cheers

James

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I paid less than £100 including all the tracking done as well just at a normal tyre garage. £260 seems very very steep. I think the track rod ends were sub £35 for the pair.

jharris

Thanks for that, i will give em a shout in the morning ... i'm so sick of getting ripped off by so called 'reputable' dealers. I used to go to SMC Windsor (there used to be loads of threads complaining about them!) then i moved to the Hampton Court garage and they seemed ok to start with ... maybe not, i will post something back and let you know what happens.

Thanks again

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
Madmile said:
After melting both my track rod ends i have had to search for replacements. Here the story begins my local seat dealers said there was only one type part number 191419811 tie rod l/h. And 191419812 both my local seat dealers said this. After a quick call to Brian at Jabbasport it seems its not the case there are 3 different kinds dependent on chassis numbers actaul suspension type and lettering on the actual track rod end. Just a quick word of warning to any potential buyers of said itmes in the future. It would seem in my case that the part numbers i req are 6E0419812 (Letter code B) passenger side and Drivers side 6E0419811 (Letter code A). Good Luck.

Old thread I know but . . .
looks like our dealers quoted only for car without power steering. ETKA is a bit rubbish here 'cos the page for vehicles with PS is not next to the one without so it is easy to overlook.
For vehicles with PS the tie rod depends on whether it has sports type suspension and also the build date of the car, so up to 4 to choose from for each side!

jharris

ok, so it turns out as thought the Seat dealer probably are trying to rip me off, they said they actually track rod ends (they called them tyre rods ... same thing?) cost around £80 and they want to charge me £180 in labour! (according to them its because they are so badly seized) so im not going there... can anyone advise me on where best to buy them and what information i need about my car to figure out exactly which ones i need? I looked on the jabbasport website but it doesnt look like they sell them ....?

jharris

maybe i should have mentioned its for an Ibiza Cupra ... so the prices arent listed but i guess at least £37 x 2 = £74 ... not too far off. I still resent paying that sort of money for labour though so i will definitely be looking for someone else to do it!

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Mine is a 2001 ayp ibiza cupra. I have just checked my invoices. £52 labour inc vat, and £32 inc vat for parts.

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/ibiza99_steering.php

Tie Rod End Power Steering, Left 01-02 (Sports Susp) 18494 £14.51
Tie Rod End Power Steering, Right 01-02 (Sports Susp) 18496 £14.51

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=855 Part no 6E0 419 812
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=856 Part no 6E0 419 811

Check these parts vs part numbers against my original post and you will see they match the ones i bought £14.51 each plus vat. If your paying £80 your paying nearly 3 times to much.

Last edited:

jharris

ok, think its my fault for not being clear .... i actually need the track rods AND the track rod ends ... because the track rod ends are so melted that they are going to have to cut the track rods (both sides) ... thats where the £80 comes from......although if you melted yours too i am wandering how come i need the rods as well as the ends? maybe, again, its just the garage quoting me for stuff i dont need!?! thanks for getting back to me so quickly btw

Shock_Xe

went through this 1 year ago for the mot, the first ones they gave me were too short, what i figured out from using etka is that there are different ones listed for AQX & AYP Engines, Its a pitty that the 3 different dealers i spoke to couldnt work that out huh?

Plus the other gutting thing is the AQX ones are £25 ea AYP are £75 ea grrr [:@]

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Shock_Xe said:
went through this 1 year ago for the mot, the first ones they gave me were too short, what i figured out from using etka is that there are different ones listed for AQX & AYP Engines, Its a pitty that the 3 different dealers i spoke to couldnt work that out huh?

Plus the other gutting thing is the AQX ones are £25 ea AYP are £75 ea grrr [:@]

I know i get 20% discount from the dealers but theres no way i paid £75 each for ayp track rods ends, i would have made my own with blue tack and string for that price.