PD130 Sport - 312mm Brake

NEG

Some pics of the 312mm setup fitted to my car this weekend.

I bought the discs, calipers, carriers and pads from golfturbo.com (Ebay auction) for £225. Not the cheapest I know but the supplied brakes are, for all intents and purpose, brand spanking new. From an Audi TT 225 shipped direct from Germany. I looked at buying new from VAG dealers and was quoted £400 inc VAT for just the calipers and carriers! The brakes also had the TT hoses with them.

Fitting was straight forward they bolt directly to the hub being a direct swap, I even managed to use the existing hoses. They where a little 'tight' on length but bending the hub bracket for the hose up a little eased fittment.

They are a snug fit under the 16" rims, a small pencil gap exists between the rim and the caliper.

I have bed them in and can say they are a significant step up over the stock 288mm brakes. Well worth doing if you have also had your car mapped!

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
well i was gonna go black diamond or tarox sport japan , with a ferrodo 2000 or 2500 pad (impressed with my 2000 up front) goin give ebc discs a pass this time , want a bit of variety , no probs with mine like (kyle)

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
I think the standard set up as supplied is more than adequate. What you need to remember with the 312 setup on the Fabia/Ibiza is that it is a significant upgrade already. If you you too mad with big bad boy disks and pads then you will make the back end too tail happy and make things more dangerous than before you fitted them.

IIRC the TT ones are Pagid.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
And yes after fitting alot of these now the TT lines are the better ones to fit than the std lines.

NEG

Yeah good point. I may even use braided hoses. Will swap them over when I get a chance.

golfturbo

NEG said:

I bought the discs, calipers, carriers and pads from golfturbo.com (Ebay auction) for £225. Not the cheapest I know but the supplied brakes are, for all intents and purpose, brand spanking new. From an Audi TT 225 shipped direct from Germany. I looked at buying new from VAG dealers and was quoted £400 inc VAT for just the calipers and carriers! The brakes also had the TT hoses with them.

Fitting was straight forward they bolt directly to the hub being a direct swap, I even managed to use the existing hoses. They where a little 'tight' on length but bending the hub bracket for the hose up a little eased fittment.

They are a snug fit under the 16" rims, a small pencil gap exists between the rim and the caliper.

I have bed them in and can say they are a significant step up over the stock 288mm brakes. Well worth doing if you have also had your car mapped!

Do you mind if I "borrow" your photo's?! They are nice and cl;ear and really show the differences between 288mm and 312mm

Cheers
Steve

slimbarry

Hands off!
Oct 29, 2004
Norf Essex
NEG said:

Just a quicky, are the pads the same? origingal & TT

golfturbo

slimbarry said:
Just a quicky, are the pads the same? origingal & TT

The pads are a different size to the standard ones.

Thanks
Steve

MAdMAtt84

Aug 9, 2004
Canterbury, Kent
How do you find the stopping power on the car, as ive just had coilovers put on mine and can see that i will need to do a brake conversion as im properly gonna keep the car for abit, after driving a fabia VRS of which i dunno how big t=its brakes are, even so it made my ibiza look silly.

Questoin is, braking, tail happyness im running rear spacers to combar that and conti sport contacts on the tyre front, would i need 5mm spacers on front at all, and how does the car tend to balance under braking / turning, petrol or diesel?

Sorry for 20 questions,

MAtt

Triple D

I had my tt 312's fitted yesterday and have bedded them in already. The difference between the standard ones and these are massive. The pedal is much harder, stops so much quicker with out yamming your foot down and hardley any abs kicking in which is a plus as before they used to kick in so early.
All i can say is its a cheeper comprimise than haveing Brembo's but well worth it. :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members