Votex

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Ibiza » Ibiza Mk4

Ibiza Mk4 For the 2002 - 2008 model

Old 21-11-2005, 12:45   #1
dmjw01
Upstanding Member

dmjw01 has 10 points
Bosch "Aerotwin" retrofit wipers - anyone tried them?

I'm looking to replace the wipers on my Mk4 Ibiza, and just stumbled upon a product I hadn't heard of before.

Bosch "Aerotwin" wipers look quite sleek and a lot less intrusive than conventional wipers. They don't have the usual system of spring-loaded supports that a conventional wiper has; instead the wiper rubber is attached to a single solid strip that matches the curvature of the windscreen.

According to the above link, they're now available as retrofit kits. But unless I've misunderstood something, it looks like you have to buy the kit that is specific to your particular car - you can't just buy the correct size like you do with normal wipers.

After a bit more Googling, I found this page, which quotes "Seat Ibiza [6K1/6L1] 03.93-", with an item number of "A 533 S" and an order number of "3397118902". But I haven't found anywhere in this country that sells them.

Has anyone tried these as retrofits on a Mk4 Ibiza? Where did you buy them, and do you recommend them?

Or failing that, does anyone have experience of using them as original equipment on a newer car? Are they any good?

And that's why...
dmjw01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 12:51   #2
Chemical Al
Trollied Member

Chemical Al has 10 points
have a read of this...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61860
Chemical Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 14:38   #3
Ant FR

Ant FR has 10 points
i'll only stick to standard seat stuff as all the others mess up.

But hang on till next spring and the facelifted Ibiza is coming with Aero wipers as per the Polo and Golf style ones.
Old 21-11-2005, 19:08   #4
dmjw01
Upstanding Member

dmjw01 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant FR
But hang on till next spring and the facelifted Ibiza is coming with Aero wipers as per the Polo and Golf style ones.
That's a good point. With luck, it shouldn't be too hard to swap the wiper arms for the new ones - I'm assuming they'll be the special arms for the aero wipers.

And that's why...
dmjw01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 11:10   #5
Ant FR

Ant FR has 10 points
of course
Old 24-11-2005, 17:16   #6
Grapo

Grapo has 10 points
Aero wipers suck though. Well mine do
Old 25-11-2005, 13:16   #7
Giks

Giks has 10 points
I've changed my wipers to Bosch Aero Twin on my LCR and what I get is 100 times better cleaning, plus they don't freeze at minuses and looks no doubt much much better than original.
no major changes needed (plug&play)
All you have to do is go to your local Bosch dealer and ask for Aero Twin on Audi A3/S3
Giks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 00:19   #8
MarkWales

MarkWales has 10 points
what part number is needed for leon cupra 2004 for these aero blades mine need replacing at the moment i have standard blades would like the aeroblades

are they the same as the mk4 golf as my cousin has a 52 plate golf gttdi with aeroblades as standard

thanks in advance
MarkWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 13:03   #9
Ric 2001
Need an ID-ten-T form

Ric 2001 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw51vtr View Post
what part number is needed for leon cupra 2004 for these aero blades mine need replacing at the moment i have standard blades would like the aeroblades

are they the same as the mk4 golf as my cousin has a 52 plate golf gttdi with aeroblades as standard

thanks in advance
Have a look here mate. http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/product...1&Class=ncv&c=

And no the part number is different for a golf and a leon.

I used retro-fit areo wiper from the above company and there fantastic.
Old 23-02-2009, 13:11   #10
tkjeeves
Korean oil burner!

tkjeeves has 10 points
have my retrofit Bosch aeros for 6 months now and still no issues to report, made it even with the freaky 2 weeks of snow/ice.

I have noted that even proper flat blades can miss patches (had a brand spanking new 58 mk5 Golf with the passenger wiper missing a patch on the driver's "important vision" area but the driver's wiper will then clean this up)
Old 23-02-2009, 14:29   #11
Aimez
Evil woman of doom beware

Aimez has 10 points
On my second pair now had the others on a year may have lasted longer but I got impatient with the ice and did the sin of using the wiper to clear the ice and afterwards once made a horrible noise! Were a year old anyway so wasn't bothered about messing them up!
Old 23-02-2009, 14:35   #12
Suze
VW (now skoda) queen

Suze has 10 points
i've got these on my octavia. Got them from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 09:53   #13
Danneh

I've just baught some for my car. They look very good compared.

Now I should actually have wipers which work and don't ****ing splash everywhere >:{
Old 25-02-2009, 09:36   #14
Nath.
The Gentlemans Express

Nath. has 100 pointsNath. has 100 points
Very good wipers, way better than the facelift ones that I spent a fortune on retrofitting.

I'm back to my original wiper arms now with the Bosch aerotwins and I'm happy
Nath. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:42   #15
Gooner_Mike
Teaching the kids

Gooner_Mike has 20 points
I use them, highly recommended!
Gooner_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:43   #16
Danneh

Mine should be coming today
Old 25-02-2009, 10:03   #17
GlanzaV
I start fires!

GlanzaV has 10 points
Quote:
I'm back to my original wiper arms now with the Bosch aerotwins and I'm happy
I retrofitted my MK3 with Polo Aero arms + Blades at a cost of ~£100 and they weren't noticebly better than OEM blades. Fitted my Girlfriends car with retrofit (non-bosch) aero wipers and they work great! Although they are universal fit ones so the "box" that the hoop arm fits into is huge! But you don't notice it after a week or two!

GlanzaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 10:11   #18
Nath.
The Gentlemans Express

Nath. has 100 pointsNath. has 100 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlanzaV View Post
I retrofitted my MK3 with Polo Aero arms + Blades at a cost of ~£100 and they weren't noticebly better than OEM blades. Fitted my Girlfriends car with retrofit (non-bosch) aero wipers and they work great! Although they are universal fit ones so the "box" that the hoop arm fits into is huge! But you don't notice it after a week or two!
With the bosch ones the "BOX" that the hoop fits into is a lot smaller than most of the universal ones.
Nath. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 15:21   #19
Danneh

Got the olde Areo Twin's on now.

It isn't perfect, though my screen is slightly an odd shape tbh.

But, certainly better. A clearer, quiet smooth wipe, and cleans the dirt and water very well. I'm happy, were slightly expensive though.
Old 25-02-2009, 21:30   #20
IainW
Diseasel driver no more!

IainW has 10 points
So do these work fine with pre-facelift wiper arms? As I bought some supposed MK4 Ibiza blades from eBay early last year and they didn't fit the arms properly, but have now realised it could be because they were for facelift arms.
#1: 04 Ibiza 2.0 Sport, #2: 06 Ibiza 1.9 FR TDi; #3 07 Leon 2.0 FR TDi; #4: 13 Leon SC SE TSi
IainW is offline   Reply With Quote