New headunit?

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Looking for a new stereo for the leon, the standard system is great but it doesnt play MP3s which lets it down bigtime, ive got just under £300 to play with and thinking of the following 2 units

b_dehp70bt.jpg

Pioneer Bluetooth headunit £260 (hopefully cheaper) looks good but the blue wont go with my dash.

or

b_mexicop7932.jpg

Becker mexic pro which is £270 and looks OEM fit which i like

I'm not going to up grade the speakers/ add subs etc

Any opinions on either of them

(its in here as ICE section seems dead!)

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
i like the oem look of the becker , plus its lights match the dash etc , the pioneer could attract attention of the wrong kind

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
But the only time it attracts attention is when its parked, but the face off will be with me

Must admit i love the look of the Becker OEM look

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
aye but will u remove the face everytime . plus u might get some scum smash the window n take the unit on the off chance the face is in the glove box etc ,

becker all the way

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
I have the Sony CDX-M8800 ( the one with the 2 red buttons in the corner)

When car is turned off it looks like there is nothing there as the whole unit looks black! Only cost £150 from ebay so Im happy

Heres a pic
inside2ki.jpg

The becker does look nice, very OEM--- go for it!!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
allon.jpg

Thats my pioneer 6700MP unit. It has 8 different colours for buttons and 8 different colours for backlight as well. Matches the Leon VERY well...
Unfortunately pic isnt fantastic - flash of the camera makes the leon lighting look orange in comparison.

If anything the red on the pioneer is MORE red than the leon lighting.
I am sure most Pioneer units above mine have different coloured backlights? I paid an extra £15 over the other pioneer model as it only did 2 colours..

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
oh, and btw, that was ALMOST finished install - forgot to put on the trim round the outside of the headunit to cover up that cage :)

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
i had the previous model (mex pro 4627) in the alfa i had before i bought the leon so knew what i was getting in the new one, and the SQ is fantastic, huge improvement over the aura unit on standard speakers.

im not one that goes for flashy lights and swimming dolphins, the becker is understated, as aphix says it looks very OE with the same illumination as the dash (that phone pic doesnt really do it justice)

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Pabs said:
allon.jpg

Thats my pioneer 6700MP unit. It has 8 different colours for buttons and 8 different colours for backlight as well. Matches the Leon VERY well...
Unfortunately pic isnt fantastic - flash of the camera makes the leon lighting look orange in comparison.

If anything the red on the pioneer is MORE red than the leon lighting.
I am sure most Pioneer units above mine have different coloured backlights? I paid an extra £15 over the other pioneer model as it only did 2 colours..

youve got a wonky centre console too :D bit scratched up too lol

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Sounds brilliant, i am very impressed with it, the red looks so nice with the rest of the car, Im with Wrighty im not one for flashy lights also im not adding a sound system so dont need all the features

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
oi - my centre console is scratched up and wonky purely cos I fitted it that way :) I wanted to match every other leon out there :bleh:

i didnt actually realise til you mentioned it - might have to pop out to me car and sort it out!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise