Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Announcements, FAQs & Rules » ** FORUM RULES & FAQ - Please Read ** » Comments, Suggestions and Announcements

Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Got something to say about SEATCupra.net? Want to suggest a feature for the site, or even spotted an error? Let us know in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-02-2006, 00:21   #41
cordobabrendy
FOOORRREEE!

cordobabrendy has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn
lol!

Curborough still sticks in my mind....big time...Going out on the lash with Brendy, Brendys mate, Monkey Boy, Alex and Mark....ahhh the Cedar Tree lol!
yea haha the cetar tree, rugeleys most happening club...according to the macdonalds employees who we thought were taking the piss, until they made an appearance later that night haha what a shit hole! below is a pic taken from the night.

jase, you never know, we might try and make an appearance this year!
cordobabrendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 00:24   #42
cordobabrendy
FOOORRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
1 thing thats sticks out in my mind was hiding m0rks car at the hotal at alconbury.
too many sherberts the night before had him confused for a bit
got to meet brend in person at last,not seen him since.(something i said i guess)
haha the car did manage to drive itself down the field from the carpark didnt it, wonder if anyone ever found out how that happened?
Old 15-02-2006, 12:27   #43
hopkinsgm
Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo

hopkinsgm has 10 points
Happy days...

I think I also still have some of the later type Seat Drivers Club stickers knocking about at home somewhere. As I recall, I had the old yellow and red "Vehicle Watch" style Seat Drivers Club stickers in my 8v when it appeared in CCC all those years ago.

And yes, Dave Clarke's enthusiastic entrance into the paddock at 2nd Alconbury in Dave Arthurton's then really rather new Ibiza 20vT sticks in my mind too. Also Scotty_P getting lost in his Toledo whilst following a trail of banana skins to Alconbury...
hopkinsgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 12:31   #44
cordobabrendy
FOOORRREEE!

anyone with pics has gotta get them hosted somewhere and get them up.
Old 15-02-2006, 12:34   #45
hopkinsgm
Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo

hopkinsgm has 10 points
...And pictures of the TT with tufts of grass sticking out of the tyre bead, having left some monster tramlines in the grass... What *were* you thinking of running wide tyres on 15's up front and skinnies on steelies at the back m0rk?

I have fond memories of quite a few track days thinking back. Blyton with Brian wearing an eye patch, a few days at Curborough, all three Alconbury's, Bruntingthorpe...
Old 15-02-2006, 12:41   #46
cordobabrendy
FOOORRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsgm
...And pictures of the TT with tufts of grass sticking out of the tyre bead, having left some monster tramlines in the grass... What *were* you thinking of running wide tyres on 15's up front and skinnies on steelies at the back m0rk?

I have fond memories of quite a few track days thinking back. Blyton with Brian wearing an eye patch, a few days at Curborough, all three Alconbury's, Bruntingthorpe...
brian had the eye patch on for bruntingthorpe did he not? that morning made me giggle !
Old 15-02-2006, 12:57   #47
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

m0rk has 100 pointsm0rk has 100 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsgm
I'll dig out the post grass stuffing pics with the mud on the roof

But I remembered I had these online:
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid1.gif
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid2.gif

90mph getting lurid lift off oversteer was fun until 3 drops of rain hit the ground

44psi in the rear with 155/60/13 tyres isn't the cleverest, but it was bloody funny.
Old 15-02-2006, 12:58   #48
hopkinsgm
Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo

hopkinsgm has 10 points
Possibly - I may be getting a little mixed up, my memory's not all it used to be.

I think I probably am, in fact. I'm getting mixed up with another track day Brian was at with a smallish group of us, maybe 15 or 20 cars, at Blyton. SNWMAPS were late turning up - I think due to Saul snapping a wheel bolt or something. That must have been summer 2002 - I missed an hour or so of track action due to being on the phone with a potential employer having a job interview...
Old 15-02-2006, 13:18   #49
Saul
SCN Admin

Saul has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rk
I'll dig out the post grass stuffing pics with the mud on the roof

But I remembered I had these online:
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid1.gif
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid2.gif

90mph getting lurid lift off oversteer was fun until 3 drops of rain hit the ground

44psi in the rear with 155/60/13 tyres isn't the cleverest, but it was bloody funny.
my mate (john) still talks about it to this day, i think it was a near death experience for him

email: saul@seatcupra.net url: http://www.seatcupra.net
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 22:54   #50
crezz
pedro motorsports

crezz has 10 points
what a funny read this was
crezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 23:11   #51
Brummy
Nazi Moderator-Bot

Brummy has 60 points
Love the *few bumps along the road* comment

My (old) Ibiza R.R. thread / The MkII Golf R.R thread
Brummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 23:21   #52
crezz
pedro motorsports

crezz has 10 points
Quote:
I remember the days of smartgroups....every other post was from Dave (Monkeyboy) or Alex and it would always contain profanity...mainly references to 'minty cock rub' and 'your mum'.
crezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 23:39   #53
F2 Stu
I. Am. Legend.

F2 Stu has 10 points
Cant believe I've not seen this thread before

I bought my Ibiza in June 2000 and wasnt aware of any kind of 'club' until I accidently flicked through a copy of revs and stumbled across the first SDC trackday at Alconbury - I promptly joined and attended the next trackday at Alconbury 2001 and tracked the ibiza (my first trackday) Got a ride in Richardson's super 6 rally car for an extortionate £2 where i clung to the rollcage for dear life as the seatbelts wernt long enough!

Got memories of most of the above, m0rk disapearing inot the undergrowth backwards has got to be one of the funniest things ive ever seen, pissing my sides at Jasons encounter with the black panted man in dartford the morning after...classic

never felt compelled to leave really.
Old 30-04-2008, 00:59   #54
WeeJase
pert

WeeJase has 10 points
Quote:
pissing my sides at Jasons encounter with the black panted man in dartford the morning after...classic
some years later before the BTCC/cupra's stu
WeeJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 07:53   #55
F2 Stu
I. Am. Legend.

F2 Stu has 10 points
It was the first year of the SCC for the 'Superprix' finale where the TV producers thought it be a good idea to choose the grid positions by joe public voting.

I must of spent a few evenings voting for spencer marsh using bogus emails, 'qualified' 4th or somthing and ended up in paddock hill gravel trap!
Old 30-04-2008, 10:36   #56
Saul
SCN Admin

Saul has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2 Stu View Post
pissing my sides at Jasons encounter with the black panted man in dartford the morning after...classic
you werent the one trying to stop him (jason) climbing through the black panted mans window with his bayonet trying to gut him!

email: saul@seatcupra.net url: http://www.seatcupra.net
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 10:44   #57
Revo Kev
www.onlyrevo.com

Revo Kev has 20 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2 Stu View Post
...I promptly joined and attended the next trackday at Alconbury 2001 and tracked the ibiza...
Do you remember the evening before?!?! Jase and Saul brawling over who was sleeping in the bed... Jase ending up on the floor in between the cupboard and sideboard. I'm sure there was a video somewhere. I know the majority of us drank far too much to be out on track that next day!

REVOTECHNIK.COM

01327 301 901

Revo on Facebook
Revo Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 16:38   #58
Stu B
DarthWombleIII & WombleII

Location: Andover - Drove: The Green Leon (Cupra) Tdi (Womble I) Now DarthWomble the third
Stu B has 10 points
Wooo - great to read about the history of this place... Felt like home for a good few year's for me now .. long may the site be a great place for chat and information ..
Old 30-04-2008, 20:57   #59
F2 Stu
I. Am. Legend.

F2 Stu has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Kev View Post
Do you remember the evening before?!?! Jase and Saul brawling over who was sleeping in the bed... Jase ending up on the floor in between the cupboard and sideboard. I'm sure there was a video somewhere. I know the majority of us drank far too much to be out on track that next day!
Nah I drove up on the day! the name of the pub/B&B is on the tip of my tongue even tho I never went there.
Old 30-04-2008, 21:57   #60
Martyn
SCN Admin

Martyn has 10 points
Anyone remember turning 'everything' upside down in Dave and Mark's room when we were at the hotel near Alconbury?

EX Stage 2 Ibiza Cupra R
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote