Boot Lighting

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
My Ibiza hasn't got a light in the boot and its a real pain in the arse! I'm wanting to solve this problem...

I was thinking of puttin two small blue neon lights, but i wouldn't have a clue whow to fit them...

I'd like to hear from anyone who has attempted getting light to the boot and any pics and adive would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,.

dickie

Yeah mine suffers from the same problem and just to add even more inconvenience SEAT haven’t given me glove box lighting either! Even my Clio had lighting in the boot and glove box! Anyone got ant ideas on quick and cheap solution?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Ahh, fond memories of my vintage '03 TDI Sport - boot light, 8 speakers, extra gauges....:D

The Passat has a boot light PLUS 2 x 12v power outlets [B)]

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Dont go for neons, i tried it but its hard to get them in the right place to provide adequete lighting (also a bit chav!), so ive gone for a torch with a mount.

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Mattyh87 said:
Dont go for neons, i tried it but its hard to get them in the right place to provide adequete lighting (also a bit chav!), so ive gone for a torch with a mount.

Ano, i was scared of em lukin chav! but i jus can't think of anything else...

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
You can buy some cold cathodes (meant for PC Case modifications) from www.ebuyer.co.uk for a few quid, and all they need is a 12v feed.

Obviously it would be better to attatch a switch that would only turn on the lights when the boot is open, and rumour has it that there is already a contact switch in place somewhere.

Ive got 2 white cathodes waiting to go in - but havnt had the time to investigate.

Any ideas on the contact switch for people who have added a light?

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
muddyboots said:
Ahh, fond memories of my vintage '03 TDI Sport - boot light, 8 speakers, extra gauges....:D

The Passat has a boot light PLUS 2 x 12v power outlets [B)]

You got to love the '03 regs. Im so glad I picked mine rather than the a later one i looked at. :rolleyes:

The joys of being able to see in the boot and find the phone charger in the glovebox when its dark, however I also have to suffer the unfortunate poor sound quality of the Alana HU through my 8 speakers. :whistle:

Quote: Kyle Townend
Obviously it would be better to attatch a switch that would only turn on the lights when the boot is open, and rumour has it that there is already a contact switch in place somewhere.

Its in the boot panel. Its used for the alarm alone on the later models i believe, however it is also the same switch that operates the boot light.

You really desperate for light you then could fit a 12v outlet in the boot like i have :funk: , then get a Tourag torch. It would be permanently charged and on hand in the boot when you need it.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
chill14 said:
Its in the boot panel. Its used for the alarm alone on the later models i believe, however it is also the same switch that operates the boot light.

Ace, dont suppose you have a photo... or an MSPaint artists impression? :p

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Kyle Townend said:
Ace, dont suppose you have a photo... or an MSPaint artists impression? :p

You've been reading the thread on my air con troubles with my MS paint pics. :D

I don't have a photo unfortunately and no way am I taking the panel off again as it will probably break this time.

I do know that BlackFR has just posted a link for a guide while I was typing this which may help.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Kyle Townend said:
You can buy some cold cathodes (meant for PC Case modifications) from www.ebuyer.co.uk for a few quid, and all they need is a 12v feed.

Ive got 2 white cathodes waiting to go in - but havnt had the time to investigate.

Any ideas on the contact switch for people who have added a light?

Did you give it a go when I sent you the info back in Feb mate?

Picking the switch feed up from brown / blue wire in the pink connector on the rear ns quater and the live from the front interior lamp?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise