Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
right!

as some you know may know Sie (YerMother) has recently imported a hybrid k04 turbo and has had very good results so far in its early stage on his LCR.

as a result mitchy, scott and myself are very interested in importing this turbo as it seams the inbetween of the standard ko4 and the IHI, but unlike the IHI its reasonably priced!

the turbo is about £850 but then u need p&p on top.

the turbo bolts straight onto exsisting k04 mani and DP so its plug and play, well almost. you will need to adjust your map to suit it (get the best out of it) and also a bigger MAF and 4bar FPR i believe.

mitchy is corrisponding with the company/guy who makes this turbo, so he will be the one with all the answers! ;) :p

have a look at this thread http://buehnengineering.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37 and also look here, from post 31 down... this how the GB idea came about... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90865&page=2

hopefully tonight mitch will have more news from our american friends! :dance:...

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I can hate someone very quickly...... All you lot do is try to spend my money. I would definitly be interested, keep me up to date.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Don't forget the GB section & the GB rules before you continue.

dont worry mark we wont! :)

this thread is just to see who would be interested... for all we know this may never go ahead and ppl may just buy the turbo individually!

will have to wait and see wat mitch finds out in his next email! :yes:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Right im intrsted and would like to see if:
- BBT would like to import them and save us some cash
- See if Revo will do a stage three for this turbo (i know they do it for the garrets etc)
- see how much a jabba remap will be!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Right im intrsted and would like to see if:
- BBT would like to import them and save us some cash
- See if Revo will do a stage three for this turbo (i know they do it for the garrets etc)
- see how much a jabba remap will be!

BBT wont do it for nothing though and they will add VAT onto the turbo units along with there own profits! I believe turbo technics are doing the same hybrid KO4 but at £1600:blink:

I still havent had word back from him but to summarise at the moment.....

The turbo with added options of Port/Polishing and thermally coated is $1575 as listed on his site. You would have shipping fees and ''maybe'' import tax on top of that. ($1575 = £840 approx)

Now i am trying to get a price off of him for a bulk order and 1 shipment to the UK which should save the pennies and bring the price down!

This turbo is designed to flow around 1.8bar with 1.4 at redline. (Currently mine is 1.1 at red line)
Si has so far had a recording of 273whp which if you take normal 35bhp FWD losses your looking at between 305-310bhp. Si hasnt had it mapped either, so maybe a little more. Im sure this turbo will definitely put the LCR through the 300 barrier:) Currently 285bhp is around its limit!

The turbo bolts directly onto the existing manifold meaning you dont have the expense of manifold/downpipe and all the other bits and bobs you would need if say you were going IHI.

Another bonus being you'll be able to sell your used K04 to the K03 boys and that should fetch at least £200 to offset against this new unit.

So far interested people are

1. Mitch
2. James
3. Scotty B
4. Empi 5

Hopefully the group price will be a decent price:)

I would imagine he'll just be getting out of his bed just now as he is 8hrs behind us so should hear an answer within the next few hours. This can go out to the TT/S3 owners aswell if we are struggling for numbers

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
normally shipping will be done on weight & size - given that you won't want to pack them any less well, a bulkshipping might not be adviseable.

it will also be well over the radar for VAT & excise duty if you have a pallet of turbo's arrive.

I think ATP charge only about $45 for a GTRS Elim to ship - so it's not too bad. especially if it's an engineering sample.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Thanks for that Mark:)

Ill see what the individual prices are for shipping then. It would save them having to be reposted through our UK mail system aswell as they would be shipped direct to the individuals door:)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well i was thinking if BBT were to get them then they would have a contract and therefore get them cheaper so adding vat etc may not be as much? Just an idea to explore thats all.

Was there any RR plots showing the stock k04 aginst this hybrid?

So what we are saying this should give us an extra say 30bhp?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
sie said to me he was hoping for 320 at the fly

but then theres dyno lottery issues...

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
ok, you guys always come up with great ideas but all at the wrong time just when i have saved enough money for an exhaust you boys do something like this.

YOUR DAM RIGHT I AM INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but forgive me for being thick i need to know the other details like. What else i need to do to my car, i would like to know everything scotty said and will i need to upgrade any internals and finally is there anything else i should buy to make it more suitable for my car and make it reliable.

I may not be able to do it within the next couple of months though due to xmas and me going to states so if you are planning to do it say this year then i wont be able to do it but would stil like to see results and so on

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well basicly its the same a sthe k04 so you could fit it when the car is stock and then all the usual upgrades will benifit from a turbo thats not lagging

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
ok, you guys always come up with great ideas but all at the wrong time just when i have saved enough money for an exhaust you boys do something like this.

YOUR DAM RIGHT I AM INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but forgive me for being thick i need to know the other details like. What else i need to do to my car, i would like to know everything scotty said and will i need to upgrade any internals and finally is there anything else i should buy to make it more suitable for my car and make it reliable.

I may not be able to do it within the next couple of months though due to xmas and me going to states so if you are planning to do it say this year then i wont be able to do it but would stil like to see results and so on

Put it on the credit card;)

No you dont need a lot else mate, bolts directly onto the existing manifold:)

No internals are not needed.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
i have just cleared my credit card debt after splashing on the last lot of mods for my car but if the price is right this could be worth it

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
peer pressure your making me do it lol i am like a fat kid with a chocolate bar in front of me that i know if i eat it it could kill me but its to tempting to miss

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
From the sounds of it, it spools very similar to the turbo you have now, just with a bigger compressor. It can be run at more boost and will sustain at higher rpm where your current K04 starts to become asmahtic:D

£7-800 wont hurt on the credit card lol. Do some extra overtime and treat yourself:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.