£500 Nurburgring Challenge

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I think all the **** painted on the track is probably a lot more dangerous than a small amount of fluid getting out. Besides if they only let closely scrutineered track cars on it really wouldn't be the same would it?

Well done to you and the Golf, it looks like you've had amasing fun and I'm sure one day i'll do it too :D

rs-tuner

May 5, 2010
stoke-on-trent
I think all the **** painted on the track is probably a lot more dangerous than a small amount of fluid getting out. Besides if they only let closely scrutineered track cars on it really wouldn't be the same would it?

Well done to you and the Golf, it looks like you've had amasing fun and I'm sure one day i'll do it too :D

Ok then try take a corner on a bike with just the paint. Then take the same corner with coolent sprayed everywhere and see if you come out of it rubber side down.:headhurt::confused:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Ok then try take a corner on a bike with just the paint. Then take the same corner with coolent sprayed everywhere and see if you come out of it rubber side down.:headhurt::confused:

Chill out I'm sure he didn't lose coolant on there on purpose. End of the day it's a normal road so saying £500 sheds shouldn't be there is like saying £500 sheds should be on the road.

My '£500 shed' is the most reliable car I have ever owned, not needed any work doing to it (other than service) never spills anything and never let me down! And iv had it 2years +

As for a 06 civic tdci (jap reliable appartantly) it threw every liquid it could at me and this was low mileage with full Honda history and 20times the price of the 'shed' needless to say it didn't last long!!

So :p

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
would love to go out the the ring soon i think i may have to get myself over there around this time next year only problem is not many of my mates are interested in cars lol

were you at sardis tyres on friday? im sure i seen the 205 in the first load of pics and the golf outside i was waiting on the lights to go up the hill i was in an astra van on red merc wheels staring across lol

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Really some people! Its the nurgburgring not bloody laguna sega!! I bet enough shitboxes get wellied round there by the locals. Really get over it!

Looked like real fun this did think i might do it in a £250 shed give the moaners something else to moan about.

Weldone hope it was a great adventure ;)

Last edited:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales

RS-Turner never heard about you on here before so don't know how much of a keyboard warrior you are!!! But shut the **** up!!

A Lotus 23b... Kit worth £40 alone before you look at the engine, gearbox, etc dropped gearbox oil all over the right hand side of the track for about 8 miles which closed the track an hour early to clean it up!!

Doesn't matter if you have a £500 "shed" or a £50k BMW or £40k Lotus.... Anything could drop oil!!

would love to go out the the ring soon i think i may have to get myself over there around this time next year only problem is not many of my mates are interested in cars lol

were you at sardis tyres on friday? im sure i seen the 205 in the first load of pics and the golf outside i was waiting on the lights to go up the hill i was in an astra van on red merc wheels staring across lol

Yep that was us!! Getting the nylon tyres fitted lol

Really some people! Its the nurgburgring not bloody laguna sega!! I bet enough shitboxes get wellied round there by the locals. Really get over it!

Looked like real fun this did think i might do it in a £250 shed give the moaners something else to moan about.

Weldone hope it was a great adventure ;)

Go for it lol. But to be honest, the drive out there & home was a laugh... But when you there and the only thing to do is the track you can't enjoy it because you can't drive the track very well! I had break fade at the end and my mate in the 205 just didn't have the legs, I mean as in no speed on the straights!

I would recommend doing it for a 24hrs race so you can park the car up & forget about it till its time to drive home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Big-Pete

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well the final half of out trip!! We got to Calais with no problems at all!! But before we left Nurburbring we had to get our sheds the stickers, they deserve it!

579db3ee.jpg

e46b394a.jpg

We got off at Dover & stopped in Reading Services to get something to eat, on leaving the services the Pug finally broke down! He couldn't select any gears! Luckily we didn't get out of the services so pulled over to see what's the problem. The linkage had broke!

9aff7bf3.jpg

bb29e698.jpg

And a quick road side repair & we on our way
adc4ffde.jpg

Can't fault duct tape... Endless of uses! Did the job & got him home.

Here's a pic of the Golf outside the house
cb9bf892.jpg

We came to a conclusion tho, the Pug beat the Golf.

Golf broke down twice and did 1.5 laps
Pug broke down once and did 2 laps

But if it wasn't for someone being lazy and not fitting the bolt on the tensioner the Golf wouldn't have broke lol

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
i had planned to do the very same for my stag do this year but ive just been medically discharged out the Army and i haven't found a job yet so probs do it next year (lol when i get a job)

id probs look for a car around the 300 mark and use the 200 for improvements (suspension refresh, engine refresh decent plugs, air filter etc and some tyres if needed)

something like

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...de/ox169rg/page/10/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

or even a derv, this being mech injec, with just a boost gauge(for safety margins) and screw driver you can tweek it for another 20bhp.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...x169rg/radius/1501/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
i had planned to do the very same for my stag do this year but ive just been medically discharged out the Army and i haven't found a job yet so probs do it next year (lol when i get a job)

id probs look for a car around the 300 mark and use the 200 for improvements (suspension refresh, engine refresh decent plugs, air filter etc and some tyres if needed)

something like

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...de/ox169rg/page/10/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

or even a derv, this being mech injec, with just a boost gauge(for safety margins) and screw driver you can tweek it for another 20bhp.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...x169rg/radius/1501/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Honestly I enjoyed every second of the drive there but then when you want to go on track (since its the only thing there to do) the cars just wouldn't be a to take it pace... One lap a day is their limit!! Which was the only downer!

I would say do a £200 limit track day in the ok... Where it doesn't matter if you breakdown since it would be 2-3 mile lap.

Then head out in your proper car to the ring

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Dave glad you had a great time and arrived home safe n sound , So whats next then ?

Probably trailer the Ibiza out there next year, my mate is collecting his seven (zero kit car) next week with a R1 bike engine so we will be doing it proper next year with the right toys :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members