Leon ST - let's have your questions for the live hangout

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
So I'm doing a Google hangout for the site on Wednesday morning with SEAT's design director alongside some other car "bloggers".

You can find the event details here:

https://plus.google.com/events/c8qe2u0vshm839cvtiu44bprlh8

I need some of your questions so that I can have stuff to ask him other than when is the Cupra coming, when is the Cupra coming and, oh, when is the Cupra coming.

So fire away below.

Ta

Scott

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
I've read rumors, that 4wd might come with the ST model. Maybe they can confirm (or deny) that, and possibly for which engines?

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Tech pack ending up standard on FR trim? Or maybe just the lights. They set the front nicely. I'm sure SEAT UK said 80% of all Leon's sold in Q1 opted for Tech pack.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Have they factored in depreciation rates with the asking price because owning a Cupra can cost more than its VW/Audi cousin's.

Why all the secrecy and delays in the specs and dates?! A lot of people cannot/ do not want to wait for either the Cupra or possiblw Cupra R when there are no details of either.

There was word that the Cupra was to have conservative styling. Surely a Cupra deserves better than that? The FR doesn't look sporty and a Cupra that looks like that would be a disappointment especially vs the Astra VXR.

Are there plans to have a body kit that will be available on all models then as a second top model - Say Cupra K2. Hopefully not as they all looked the same and that body kit was fugly!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Why do SEAT come so late with their hot hatches whilst other VAG members release theirs a year earlier?

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
In the press material they say Leon ST will be the first Leon to receive the VW's "progressive steering" (such as the one in the GTI) and this be rolled out for the SC and 5-door later. Since this is only a matter of software, would it be possible to update our current mk3 Leons and get it as well?

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
What about engine choices? For those of use that are power hungry and to hell with economy (to some degree) What about a the supercharged V6? Or the 5 cylinder turbo? Are there any serious power options that will be considered? Any advances in interior luxury such an ambient lighting etc? Is there going to be a DSG option for the more top end models?
Are there going to be any "Comfort" packs instead of just one ride quality that is usually pretty firm.
What about full LED technology on the car?

tyke666

Are there any plans to differentiate between the various engine and fuels used in the FR.
From the outside they all look the same.
At the moment you don't know if its 150hp 180hp or 184hp, years ago Audi used to have the red dot on the TDI so at least the enthusiasts knew which engine it was.

Dawesy

will we see the new ST jumped up to be a cross version with 4 wheel drive?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.