Leon ST - let's have your questions for the live hangout

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Any chance of a longer standard warranty for eg 5 years over the range.

Last edited:
May 31, 2011
Essex
will they make the cupra r 4wd and with a bigger engine than the 1.8tsi they currently do to make it stand out more than just a more expensive cupra with little bit extra power? something to make it stand out more than the golf r and s3

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
+1 for that, staff at Marshall SEAT in Leicester just don't seem interested in buyers or the vehicles.

+1 on both accounts. Andy Clark (fairly sure that was his name) was extremely unhelpful during the purchasing and aftersales of my Seat Exeo, didn't even have the courage to call me back when he found out my tyres were cobbled after being inspected by Seat Liverpool and he's the manager!!!!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The 1.4 with ACT is coming

Guys all these questions about Leon Cupra and Leon Cupra R they aint going to answer them, this is the Leon ST launch.

Leon ST 4WD is also coming

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
The 1.4 with ACT is coming

Guys all these questions about Leon Cupra and Leon Cupra R they aint going to answer them, this is the Leon ST launch.

Can always link the 2 subjects, I'd heard rumours that there would be a Cupra version of the ST to compete with the Focus ST estate.

Hence could ask 'are the rumours true that there will be a Cupra version of the ST to take on the likes of the Focus ST estate? If so when will that be launched and will that be before/after/at the same time as the Cupra versions of the SC and 5 door are launched? :)

Jun 15, 2013
ACT is a waste of time in the real world. The fuel saving will be nothing like the figures pretend. The Honest John Real MPG figure for the Golf 1.4 TSI with ACT is 45.1 mpg, for the Leon 1.4 TSi with no ACT its 45.5 mpg and for the Skoda Octavia with not ACT its 45.1 mpg. So we would be paying £££'s for another useless feature that makes the engine more complicated (thus potentially less reliable) for ZERO extra mpg.

At least stop/start reduces CO2 by a substantial margin in the official tests thus reduces the RFL. ACT drops the Gold from the 119 CO2's of the Leon to 113 CO2's with no saving at all.

What Seat need to sort is the rubbish dealers. When we bought our Leon the first dealer we visited ignored us, the 2nd would not budge on price and then insulted us with the PX value but we eventually got a great deal through a broker. We thought the dealer the broker put us in touch with was good at first but considering the admin errors he made on the paperwork (which could have been very costly to us - but fortunately I spotted them - but not until we got home) it makes us now wonder how we would have fared if we had discovered a serious mechanical problem.

Seat Customer Services have helped and we are almost sorted but its been almost 3 months of excuses for 2 simple admin errors that Customer Services admit should have never have been made but equally should have been sorted within days not months.

We love our Leon and the ST would be a perfect replacement for the wifes car early next year, basically the same car that we have with a huge boot. But unless I get proof that our experience was a one off it looks like it will be another Kia Ceed SW or Octavia Estate.

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
Are they going to release the ST with high specs so people order them and then start deleting items before customers take delivery like they did with the 5 door and SC? Items such as tilting kerb mirrors, headlight washers.

weatherlight

Will the tilting side mirror problem be fixed anytime (other than disabling it, I want to see it function as it's supposed to)?
Also can we add optional software fetures at an official service center? (eco mode, drive profiles and fatigue detection etc, since they are not available for my country in a DSG option)
Thanks

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Any chance of a longer standard warranty for eg 5 years over the range.

+1

I'd be interested to know who the ST is aimed at? I'd assume it's for the younger end of the market, having kids or active types and need more room for bikes / kayaks etc etc.

Or is it to appeal to all ages, business and private buyers, taxi drivers??? Are they after the Octavia estate customers?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Expect to see the MK3 Debut in WTCC 2015 but it's the SC car it's based on

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
SC (3door) seem unlikely based on the FIA regulations. 5 door Leon Cup is a shoe in prototype that they are already pushing as a customer team solution for 2014.

I meant to say 5-Door not SC, Id love to see it arrive in 2014 but when i spoke to a contact at SEAT Sport they said likely 2015 but fingers crossed next year.

Did you see it in the flesh at Goodwood? i couldn't got to work commitments

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members