The Cupra and I

bobby_london

Jan 18, 2016
I've been a happy owner of my little torque beast now for about 2 years.
She the 1.9tdi 160bhp Cupra and had 90K on the clock when pick her up. I never thought a sporty diesel hatch could be so much fun.

I treat her pretty well (most of the time) and in return she looks after me!

Now as with most relationship they do have their ups and down. There was this one time when we 1st got together where I may or may not have filled her to the brim with shells finest octant petrol.....yes PETROl:confused:. Her and my friends wont let me hear the end of it. What can I say I was young dumb and full of.....well full of only even owning a petrol cars. These things happen I guess (probably only too me).

here she is and i must warn you she's a bit of a looker!
23871187813_02c23b6208_o.jpg

24130252299_f6d39c27c7_b.jpg

Eventually she forgave me and we got on with things. As a apology I treated her to some coilovers (if you've ever owned this model you will know that the standard suspension combine with low-profile tyre is a extremely firm ride so had to go).

24130253539_cc9032fabf_o.jpg

Things where starting to look like where pretty good.

Bus as you've probably guessed she had something in store for me. One evening just after fireworks night she decided too pick a fight with a Audi Q7 while parked out side my house (all 2 tonnes of it). It was only a passing blow by it left he with her tail firmly between her legs.

24498041325_84e8d65f8a_b.jpg

23871225983_bd0e22009d_b.jpg

This left me understandably gutted:cry::cry::cry: she suffered a bent rear beam and the obvious 1/4 panel damage. I now face a dilemma.....should I bin her off and start again or should I get her back on the Road.

After numerous discussions with insurance company and the assessor we agreed a value and I brought her back.

The healing process has now begun and I've treated her to some new shoes along the way.
24389748472_76f880290f_b.jpg

They should look sick once there on.
Tyres are on order and should hopefully have some more progress soon..ish.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
hahaha love the way you have wrote this thread out :rofl::rofl:, lovely car fantastic car. shame about the damage but good man for sticking with her and fixing her. will be following this one closely :D

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I've been a happy owner of my little torque beast now for about 2 years.
She the 1.9tdi 160bhp Cupra and had 90K on the clock when pick her up. I never thought a sporty diesel hatch could be so much fun.

I treat her pretty well (most of the time) and in return she looks after me!

Now as with most relationship they do have their ups and down. There was this one time when we 1st got together where I may or may not have filled her to the brim with shells finest octant petrol.....yes PETROl:confused:. Her and my friends wont let me hear the end of it. What can I say I was young dumb and full of.....well full of only even owning a petrol cars. These things happen I guess (probably only too me).

here she is and i must warn you she's a bit of a looker!
23871187813_02c23b6208_o.jpg

24130252299_f6d39c27c7_b.jpg

Eventually she forgave me and we got on with things. As a apology I treated her to some coilovers (if you've ever owned this model you will know that the standard suspension combine with low-profile tyre is a extremely firm ride so had to go).

24130253539_cc9032fabf_o.jpg

Things where starting to look like where pretty good.

Bus as you've probably guessed she had something in store for me. One evening just after fireworks night she decided too pick a fight with a Audi Q7 while parked out side my house (all 2 tonnes of it). It was only a passing blow by it left he with her tail firmly between her legs.

24498041325_84e8d65f8a_b.jpg

23871225983_bd0e22009d_b.jpg

This left me understandably gutted:cry::cry::cry: she suffered a bent rear beam and the obvious 1/4 panel damage. I now face a dilemma.....should I bin her off and start again or should I get her back on the Road.

After numerous discussions with insurance company and the assessor we agreed a value and I brought her back.

The healing process has now begun and I've treated her to some new shoes along the way.
24389748472_76f880290f_b.jpg

They should look sick once there on.
Tyres are on order and should hopefully have some more progress soon..ish.

Sorry, but looks awful, as a purist who had this same model back in the day the original wheels look far better and look the part.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Sorry, but looks awful, as a purist who had this same model back in the day the original wheels look far better and look the part.
I agree. Although each to their own that's the beauty of this platform.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

bobby_london

Jan 18, 2016

Cant please everyone (most of all the missis). Doubt that comment will get me any brown points with her! kinda broke the bro code there a bit mate but thanks for taking some time to have a look.

ouch big car vs small car :-(

Typical woman, always picking fights with the biggest bird in the club, then expecting me to sort it out!

Wish me luck boys

LongDave

Apr 25, 2011
Hull
Hope you had stern words with the Q7! Gutted, hurry up and get it fixed so you can mod the **** out of it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk