2016 Irish Meetup

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
EDIT

We can meet at the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport which is just off the M1 and is next to a Topaz so people can refuel, get introduced and have a look at each others cars then hit the M1 straight up to Belfast. Its 1.5hrs drive from Dublin to Belfast so can people be at the hotel for around 9am if possible. You can apply here https://gtini.showplanner.oaksend.co/events/titanic-dubs/ to enter your car in the show. I think it's only £10 entry.
Entry times for show cars:
9am - 11am sharp
Show closes at 4pm and you are not permitted to move your car off site until then. Please do not register if you can't comply with this.

Last edited:

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Sounds good lads. At my count that's 11 people. Where would be the best place to meet and drive so? The drive from Dublin out to Glendalough is a nice bit of driving.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Im not irish (yet) but this is good idea any idea when this would take place as im quite busy next month though ....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Ok so I suppose we better get a move on and organise this while the weather has some chance of being good. To make it easier I set up a Facebook event simple for the reason of easy updates and the amount of detail you can add to it.
I presume a weekend like a Saturday or Sunday would suit best. I was thinking Saturday the 10th September 2016 as a provisional date. I think around Dublin would be fairest as its a middle ground between both the South and North (I'll have none of that biased craic as I'm a Cork man myself! haha)
I'm not sure how other meets are done but I guess a good big quiet car park is probably the best idea as a meeting point then do the cruise from there onwards. I'm not too familiar with Dublin so if anyone knows a good spot to meet at the start of the day or even better if you have a workplace carpark you could offer for the day that'd be excellent. With regards to the spin I was thinking of a spin up through Glendalough and up over the Sally Gap. It's a nice driving road with great views and a few spots to pull over and get great photos!
Facebook Event Link

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members