Dash cam

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
Hi all, I am looking at buying a dash cam for my 2016 Leon FR. Are they fairly easy to hard wire in etc.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hardest bit about hardwiring a Dashcam Inn is rotting the cabling. If you follow the guide shown above it’s fairly straightforward to write in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found the hardest bit with mine, (i have the rear facing camera as well) was getting 3 PHAT wires into the A-pillar trim.

Reactions: Maypack

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
I found the hardest bit with mine, (i have the rear facing camera as well) was getting 3 PHAT wires into the A-pillar trim.

A-Pillar trim was definitely a right PITA when I did mine, and I only had one cable to get in there!

Dead easy to hardwire, fusebox is easy to get into if you go that route too.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Hi all, I am looking at buying a dash cam for my 2016 Leon FR. Are they fairly easy to hard wire in etc.
Really easy. I fitted a Garmin 66w with no previous experience. The cable fits nicely around the top of the windscreen down to the glovebox where the fusebox is. I used the internal light fuse connection for permanently on power and the cigarette lighter fuse for the ignition switched power. I picked these for their minimal impact if something goes wrong on those circuits.

I think it took me less than an hour to do the whole job and no part caused me complications. Garmin's power connector is nicely packaged in a single cable so no issues hiding the cable for me. Definitely worth doing as looks a lot lot smarter than using the cigarette lighter.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I found the hardest bit was routing cable from rear camera to front one. I ended up taping one end to a long stick and pushing (carefully) between headlining and roof. I pulled rubber door seal down to make sure I didn't damage the side air bags. Other than that it was straight forward.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.