Head Unit Colours

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
As in the video below, I want to be able to change the colours in the corners of the head unit screen to match the ambient lighting. I have a 2018 nav plus. The video is from a 2019 high. Is it possible?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I want the same lol
I never knew there was such a difference from different models.

I have my ambient light set to blue and the info borders are blue, even the volume/phone icons on the dash change with the colour. Is this a different version of the software?

It's a shame the footwell lights don't change to selected colour.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The choices i have are

Red
Orange
Blue
Yellow
White
Cyan
Lilac

think thats about it, footwell lighting is white only

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The choices i have are

Red
Orange
Blue
Yellow
White
Cyan
Lilac

think thats about it, footwell lighting is white only
Yeah footwell lights only change on the Audi’s.

I like to have the “Sport Information” dials on the Nav screen, but it looks pants with the yellow corners. I’d like it to match the virtual cockpit & ambient lighting.
Exactly why I want to change

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I've compared the admaps for both the MIB2 High 2018 and MIB2 late 2018 (swap over to copper). Unfortnately I cannot find any parameters to enable the menus to change colour with ambient lighting.
As for the '30' colour enable i know how to do it and will post as soon as I can.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I've compared the admaps for both the MIB2 High 2018 and MIB2 late 2018 (swap over to copper). Unfortnately I cannot find any parameters to enable the menus to change colour with ambient lighting.
As for the '30' colour enable i know how to do it and will post as soon as I can.
Yeah I'd love it if you figured out the menus changing colour. Suspect its a software update though.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
I never knew there was such a difference from different models.

I have my ambient light set to blue and the info borders are blue, even the volume/phone icons on the dash change with the colour. Is this a different version of the software?

It's a shame the footwell lights don't change to selected colour.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I changed my footwell lights, had red now got blue better than the stock white and it goes better with the blue in the doors etc. I bought them from ebay just search for item number 292230271382.
You may need to file a tiny bit of the clear plastic where it meets the metal section opposite end to where it plugs in, Its really easy to do and they fit as per originals.

Reactions: Peller
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members