exeo estate 12 plate front nearside crash sensor

Jul 30, 2020
The two wires going into the wiring connector on the front nearside crash sensor seem to have been causing problems and someone just taped them up. This didn't seem to be working and the dash warning light for the bags was constantly illuminated.
When I had a closer look the two wires were both detached from the unit.
Can anyone tell me which way round these two wires need to go into the connector please?
until I can get these correctly connected I won't be able to tell if the crash sensor is faulty or not.
Thanks

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
The two wires going into the wiring connector on the front nearside crash sensor seem to have been causing problems and someone just taped them up. This didn't seem to be working and the dash warning light for the bags was constantly illuminated.
When I had a closer look the two wires were both detached from the unit.
Can anyone tell me which way round these two wires need to go into the connector please?
until I can get these correctly connected I won't be able to tell if the crash sensor is faulty or not.
Thanks

Hello there,

I can't find any wiring diagrams but on the SEAT ETKA parts site the part number of your front crash sensors are the same both sides I believe, which is 8J0 959 651 Think they should have a large yellow connector plug.

I've managed to find a photo/picture online which appears to show both the front left & right crash sensors from a SEAT Exeo 2009 to 2013, hopefully this will be of use for you, I can't see/find anything else.
These two crash sensors with part number 8J0 959 651 are also fitted to Audi A3, VW Golf.

Picture attached below.
Looks like one sensor has white & brown wire's.
The other sensor possibly has purple & brown wire's.

NOTE!
You're actually supposed to disconnect your car battery if working on any area of the air bag system, including any crash sensors. Normal procedure is to disconnect battery to allow any energised/charged energy still in air bags to discharge safely, from 45 minutes to 1-1/2 hours depending on make and model, otherwise risk of air bag system being activated, which can be dangerous plus can cost ££££ to repair.

Hope this helps
Si

Attachments

• 8db7560a48b39706c38d0721a89d.jpeg
    8db7560a48b39706c38d0721a89d.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.