Buying advice (1.8Tsi FR)

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
Hi again, was the below wheel an optional extra or was it on the technology pack version ? Cheers

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 86

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
I have these wheels i believe they upgraded some cars to these at the time when the other wheels werent available. I think because of a fire.

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
Wow that's some inside information! I prefer them to the more 'A3' type ones even if they would take a bit more cleaning

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
That's the 18 inch "Performance" wheel which was one of the optional wheels on FRs back in the good old days when we were offered options on SEATs in the UK:confused:

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
I suppose the seats were one of those options as well ? And what year did Seat introduce the electric handbrake ? :unsure:

Attachments

• Seat 2.png
    Seat 2.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Seat 1.png
    Seat 1.png
    294 KB · Views: 99

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Couldn't go back to a manual one now, far too reliant on it. Have it set to auto so comes on everytime I stop then just move off and d I've through it.

Nearly rolled my sister in law's car off the drive the other day when I forgot to put the handbrake on in her Mii!

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Oopsies ! So it releases automatically as soon as it feels motion ?
Yeah they are a god send

i have went to an older audi and i don’t have hill hold and have to manually apply the electronic handbrake. Talk about poverty :(

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
I noticed the car lurching forward from a stop as I was releasing the clutch, without me applying pressure on the accelerator. Is this a Leon feature too ? (manual gear box and handbrake)

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I noticed the car lurching forward from a stop as I was releasing the clutch, without me applying pressure on the accelerator. Is this a Leon feature too ? (manual gear box and handbrake)
Must have a decent bit of bite on the clutch. Thats normal just the biting point. Diesels will walk away with clutch only petrols tend to stall.

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
Must have a decent bit of bite on the clutch. Thats normal just the biting point. Diesels will walk away with clutch only petrols tend to stall.
Yeah it was a petrol. It kept going without stalling. I've experienced this on diesel before but not petrol.

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
Could someone tell me please what's the limit of power (bhp) from a remap on the 1.8 using the standard clutch ?

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Dsg or manual. The limit of the manual gearbox clutch is what apr map it to which on mine is 253hp 376nm torque. This is the low torque map and is the limit for the leon fr. Dag is weaker than the manual also... hope that helps

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
No there are little too no clutch upgrades for the 1.8tsi . I have found one company black diamond i think it was and they arent the best. Clutch is 228mm good luck. Why do you need a clutch upgrade if i may ask ?

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
I'm looking at a possible (mapped) purchase and it's running its standard clutch. How long would the clutch last under normal driving conditions on a standard (unmapped) car ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.