MK4 Ibiza fr brake upgrade

Jun 6, 2020
I've currently just ordered the mk1 Audi TT brake hangers and 312mm disks for my 1.8tfr. Will I need to order tt brake pads or will the a new pair of fr brake pads do the job?
Thanks in advance?

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
Yeh mate you are right. I've been doing to mk1 Audi TT brake upgrade for my fr and have new realised I need new calipers to match the hangers ?
Yep, you'll need the calipers and carriers from the TT (or others, mine were from an S3 but I think Mk1 Octavia VRS is the same except they're green)
Then 312mm disks and matching pads (I bought both for a mk1 Octavia VRS as they were slightly cheaper than for the TT...)
You can probably reuse the existing brake hoses, they're supposed to be long enough, just...
But I bought TT ones to make sure as they're longer - seemed to make sense rather than rely on 10+ year old hoses ;)

Jun 6, 2020
Yep, you'll need the calipers and carriers from the TT (or others, mine were from an S3 but I think Mk1 Octavia VRS is the same except they're green)
Then 312mm disks and matching pads (I bought both for a mk1 Octavia VRS as they were slightly cheaper than for the TT...)
You can probably reuse the existing brake hoses, they're supposed to be long enough, just...
But I bought TT ones to make sure as they're longer - seemed to make sense rather than rely on 10+ year old hoses ;)

? Awesome mate thank you for the reply. Was hoping to get them done this week however the lovely British weather isn't been kind. Its for the best as you've convinced me it's a smart idea to upgrade the hoses whilst messing.