Wiperblades recommendations

wakaguaka

Oct 20, 2017
Hello community,
I usually buy OEM wiperblades from my closest Seat provider but since my car is a little bit old, an order will take 20-25 days in order to get them!
Don't want to wait that long for an accesory that should be available in short periods of time.

What aftermaket wiperblades can you recommend me?
Also, how could I know if its compatible to my car? (Leon CUPRA MK3 - Year 2015)

Cheers from México,

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I normally buy Bosch Aerotwin, but last time round tried these and was very impressed:
Quality is great, quiet wiping with no juddering. Equal to Bosch in my opinion and a better price !
They are available in a specific fit for the Leon (ours is an FR ST but I guess the Cupra is the same)

Reactions: Robtt and wakaguaka

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I've been using Valeo for a good few years now, they are the OEM supplier I believe, and they've been great. I used to use Bosch but Valeo ones are better. They both clean well when new but the Valeo ones are still perfect a year later.
Just replaced my bosch with valeo silencio from eurocarparts... At a much better price...

I have used the Silicone based wiper blades from PIAA.... Really good but couldn't warrant the price this time round...

Last edited:

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
Just replaced my bosch with valeo silencio from eurocarparts... At a much better price...

I have used the Silicone based wiper blades from PIAA.... Really good but couldn't warrant the price this time round...
yes valeo are very good the last set i purchased was from euro car parts with there discounts 2 front for £14.01 thats with there flash sale of 50% off . regarding bosch ive got a rear one still in packet and if you look on the box it says made in china

Attachments

• IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 75

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I had to buy a replacement passenger front a couple of weeks ago because I noticed the plastic cap was missing from one end and the blade had started to move out of the wiper itself....

(this was my own stupid fault as I realised that I'd seen something shaped like the end cap on my driveway after washing it the week previous, but couldn't work out where it had come from so threw it away!! :banghead2 :redface: )

Anyway, I bought Bosh as they've always been my "go to" wiper for over 30 years, and I have a Halfords Trade Card so get them for a good price.

I bought the single wiper with the adaptors though as I didn't need the full kit (the existing wipers look pretty new and wipe really well, it was just the plastic cap issue that I needed to sort!) - and I agree with Damo above, the one I bought does sit slightly higher than the other one that is on there.

I'll probably replace them all at some point with ones that look better, but for now it'll do :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Anyway, I bought Bosh as they've always been my "go to" wiper for over 30 years...

Yeah, but things change. Years ago I used to buy Champion blades but I realised they weren't lasting as well. I compared the newer blades with old ones I had in the shed and noticed the new ones were thinner metal, so the frame opened up and the blade was lose.

Switched to Bosch. They seemed ok for a while too but I realised after good few years that my screen always seemed to get 'contaminated' and smear. I tried all sorts of cleaning products, I even changed the screen on one car, but it was a recurring problem.

I think I bought Valeo blades because they were what the OEM blades were, I can't remember. Years later I realised I no longer suffered from the 'contaminated' glass and the blades worked perfectly for much longer. Will Valeo blades still be good next year? Who knows. All it takes is for a company to be bought over and the new owners cut costs. There's not point in sticking to a brand for life, just buy what's good today.

Reactions: SteveW

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
Can't work out the difference, CarParts4Less seem to be same as Eurocarparts but cheaper.

I've always bought Bosch or Valeo from them and no complaints.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Yeah, but things change. Years ago I used to buy Champion blades but I realised they weren't lasting as well. I compared the newer blades with old ones I had in the shed and noticed the new ones were thinner metal, so the frame opened up and the blade was lose.

Switched to Bosch. They seemed ok for a while too but I realised after good few years that my screen always seemed to get 'contaminated' and smear. I tried all sorts of cleaning products, I even changed the screen on one car, but it was a recurring problem.

I think I bought Valeo blades because they were what the OEM blades were, I can't remember. Years later I realised I no longer suffered from the 'contaminated' glass and the blades worked perfectly for much longer. Will Valeo blades still be good next year? Who knows. All it takes is for a company to be bought over and the new owners cut costs. There's not point in sticking to a brand for life, just buy what's good today.
It's funny now you mention that, I did notice for a while when the Bosch wipers would do that, it was a while ago, can't even remember what car I had at the time. I assumed it was down to the cleaning products I was using (Rain-X on the windows at the time) and just put up with it - but it's probably what you've mentioned rather than the Rain-X!

Ever since this thread, I've been looking at my passenger side front blade and the way it stands higher than the drivers side is now really annoying me! So I think I may have to buy a set of front Valeos or something different, purely because my OCD is going to kick in every time I drive the car otherwise! :D

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've been looking at my passenger side front blade and the way it stands higher than the drivers side is now really annoying me!

Yeah, that would annoy me too. Just looks like you don't give a **** ;0)

• Haha

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ever since this thread, I've been looking at my passenger side front blade and the way it stands higher than the drivers side is now really annoying me! So I think I may have to buy a set of front Valeos or something different, purely because my OCD is going to kick in every time I drive the car otherwise! :D
Was that the Bosch generic kit which have adaptors for different cars, or the one that’s made specifically for a certain wiper arm like the A350S set I mentioned above?

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Was that the Bosch generic kit which have adaptors for different cars, or the one that’s made specifically for a certain wiper arm like the A350S set I mentioned above?
It was the generic kit with the adaptors. I only needed one wiper because I'd lost the plastic end cap so just bought that one.

To be honest I hadn't actually noticed that it was sitting proud until you mentioned it. Now I can't unsee it and will have to buy a proper set :doh:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It was the generic kit with the adaptors. I only needed one wiper because I'd lost the plastic end cap so just bought that one.

To be honest I hadn't actually noticed that it was sitting proud until you mentioned it. Now I can't unsee it and will have to buy a proper set :doh:
Yeah it annoyed me, when I first changed them on my 280, had them for about 5,000 miles before someone else pointed out on here there was a specific kit.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Yeah it annoyed me, when I first changed them on my 280, had them for about 5,000 miles before someone else pointed out on here there was a specific kit.
I'm glad it's not just me then! :)

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I had replaced both of them so they both look the same - but because it's only one it looks ridiculous.

(well to be fair most people probably wouldn't even notice it I suppose, but I do and I don't think I can wait 5,000 miles before I change them! :D )

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members