2015 Ibiza FR Project

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
will you get cupra seats?
probably not. if im not wrong they are probably exactly the same platform. Were they not cloth only?? Maybe leather option like the ones in mine. Don't fully know dont own one and never looked at one.
Also Ibiza cupra seats will be 3 door type with the latch to fold down where as mine is 5 door.
Probs go aftermarket reclining buckets or from another VAG car thought about leon cupra wing back seats from the mk2 if they are capable of fitting. Or even fixed buckets. im 6"1 not even that tall and feel just too high in the seats even on the lowest setting.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
currently eyeing some spacers up to push the wheels out a bit. Watch this space but most likely the next little mod.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Been a while since I updated this and the fr has now hit 37k miles and final pay7ment made so shes all mine. After a stressful year and lots of personal issues im finally back on with the car.

Bought some spacers of ebay 15 mm front and 20mm back

Before

After

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
I also ordered a boost gauge again ebay and a vent gauges. I fitted this, this weekend and just waiting on adaptor kit for the car to enable the gauge to read the boost.

Driller a whole in the ducting and fed the wire down to the heater controls. Ive wired up to heater controls as I couldn't get the radio out to run power off that. fed cable though same grommet as the bonnet release to get to the engine bay.. Had to remove quite a bit of trim but once iget the adaptor it should work well and will post pics once fully working. Looks OEM so im happy with it.

Other than that car burning through a bit of oil but hasn't missed a beat yet. few plans for it this year. Hopefully an exhaust and remap for definite with other things in the pipeline. Want to dye the headlining and tan trim pieces black too but that's a summer job.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Forge adaptor fitted and now gauge is working now . Fitted adaptor the reverse way and cut the plastic behind it to make room . When it was facing the right way the air box cut into the tubing. So with it fit the opposite way this can’t happen . Running 14 psi at peak boost . Will get some pics up this weekend as I Will be replacing the plastic tube the kit came with for rubber tubing . Happy with outcome and addictive chasing the needle !

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
40k on the clock fresh mot. serviced just got to pick up on the pad and discs on back after the mot . not bad just need a freshing up. hoping to buy a new exhaust in the coming month. and maybe remap early next year. running sweet tax 20£ mpg about 43 to 45 cant complain another year motoring ahead

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
So unfortunately good luck has ran out front spring has snapped on the top coil front left. So parts to order and both sides to be done in coming weekend. Fun Fun Fun. Thought about lowering springs or coilovers but im going oem springs now then coilovers will be a next year job as i planned.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
been quiet on car with the winter time now. With the purchase of a project track car in the last month unlikely anything will change on the car at the moment. maybe a few odds and ends next year but putting my time in effort into my track car. will post in this if I do manage anything. Need to look at boost gauge needle light keeps going off but other than that no issues with the car

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members