CUPRA Ateca 2020 in for review - any questions?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
New arrival with us for a while for review.

Any questions or specific pictures you'd like to see?

CUPRA Ateca 2020 2.jpg
CUPRA Ateca 2020 3.jpg
CUPRA Ateca 2020.jpg

Last edited:

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Could i please ask a few questions if you dont mind @Syphon :

does the base Ateca have a manual tailgate?
hows the visibility from the rear seats (since the base model now has the bucket seats which have a larger footprint)
pictures of the boot please?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
No problems at all :)

Spec of this car is below.

I'll take some pictures for you asap. I've booked Wed off work to spend time to review the car but will try and grab some more before then if I can.

1606144922195.png

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
Would like to see a pic of the steering wheel and dash display if possible!

Every picture I can find of the new model change doesn’t seem to be clear on the style of steering wheel. I.e is it the same style as the Formentor with the buttons on the wheel? Cheers

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
The black/grey exhaust tips is interesting. On one hand cleaning the chrome ones is a pain, but the black ones look dirty from the factory. On the fence with that change! Also on a more technical note, I recall reading that they've changed the haldex/AWD power delivery in the facelift. Anything you know/can describe about that would be interesting (i appreciate that's difficult without driving them B2B).

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Pics to answer your questions. The steering wheel is missing the start and drive mode buttons. This is a factory issue and later models will have them fitted.

Attachments

• rear-seat-visibility.jpg
    rear-seat-visibility.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 162
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 171
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: skb

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Pics to answer your questions. The steering wheel is missing the start and drive mode buttons. This is a factory issue and later models will have them fitted.

thank you very much for the pictures! Looking forward to your review. Curious to know if your review vehicle has a spare wheel and heated windscreen?

Reactions: Syphon

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
My Golf R had the ACC controls on the steering wheel, which I liked at the time. My Cupra has them on the separate lever below the indicator, which I now prefer to the Golf. Curious that they've now moved these back to the wheel! It does make it more ergonomic.

PS. looking at the boot pic, I dont think your one has a spare wheel as the floor is lower (bigger boot).

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Looks really nice,so I’ll be interested as to see what you think...
Questions wise,
When you mention the steering wheel mounted buttons are a factory issue,does that mean that they will be fitted to current cars as a retro fit or just appear at some point on future orders?
Do the bucket seats have rear storage pockets?
Does anyone know whether the heated screens are now or have ever been available for the CA?
Other questions to throw out to anyone...
Dark camouflage seems to have reappeared on the system after the issues with the earlier configurator.However,it’s not available as a 3D render on the system-all other colours are-another glitch?
Lastly,the c and s does not list Brembo brakes as standard or as “highlights”.They are also not an option if you pick the c and s on the configurator.
However,the Brembo brakes are available as a £2,720 option on the standard car-possibly implying that they are now standard on the c and s,especially now that the design pack has been dropped with facelift.Any ideas?
Looking forward to the review-enjoy!

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
a bit disappointed with the heated windscreens. 40k for a car without such a basic option :(

@Syphon hows your experience defrosting the windscreen over the last few days with the subzero temperatures overnight?

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
a bit disappointed with the heated windscreens. 40k for a car without such a basic option :(

@Syphon hows your experience defrosting the windscreen over the last few days with the subzero temperatures overnight?
I’ve just watched the Autogefühl review of the facelift CA and the climate windscreen is featured on the press car.
I know that other markets have differing options,but it may be something that filters down-hopefully sooner rather than later.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
My Golf R had the ACC controls on the steering wheel, which I liked at the time. My Cupra has them on the separate lever below the indicator, which I now prefer to the Golf. Curious that they've now moved these back to the wheel! It does make it more ergonomic.

PS. looking at the boot pic, I dont think your one has a spare wheel as the floor is lower (bigger boot).

Correct - there is nothing under the boot carpet.

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 131

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Looks really nice,so I’ll be interested as to see what you think...
Questions wise,
When you mention the steering wheel mounted buttons are a factory issue,does that mean that they will be fitted to current cars as a retro fit or just appear at some point on future orders?
Do the bucket seats have rear storage pockets?
Does anyone know whether the heated screens are now or have ever been available for the CA?
Other questions to throw out to anyone...
Dark camouflage seems to have reappeared on the system after the issues with the earlier configurator.However,it’s not available as a 3D render on the system-all other colours are-another glitch?
Lastly,the c and s does not list Brembo brakes as standard or as “highlights”.They are also not an option if you pick the c and s on the configurator.
However,the Brembo brakes are available as a £2,720 option on the standard car-possibly implying that they are now standard on the c and s,especially now that the design pack has been dropped with facelift.Any ideas?
Looking forward to the review-enjoy!

I meant there was a shortage at the factory. I doubt they will be retrofitted / new steering wheel supplied unless early customers kick up a fuss (which I would personally).

Yes to rear pockets (see pic)

Brembos are an option yes, not available on comfort and sound, but not standard on comfort and sound either, just not available as CUPRA are being mean.

Attachments

• rear-seat.jpg
    rear-seat.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 111

Tell

Staff member
I’ve just watched the Autogefühl review of the facelift CA and the climate windscreen is featured on the press car.
I know that other markets have differing options,but it may be something that filters down-hopefully sooner rather than later.

I blame it on Brexit undermining the currency exchange rate so they then shave the luxuries off to keep the costs down... others say otherwise. 2016 Ateca you could buy all the extras which I did less the tow bracket which I had no use for. Now you can't get that stuff unless you get a Cupra... But then I don't need the extra power although I do have the conventional heated windscreen which works well :love:. Mind you I now live on the west which isn't as cold as the east and never get to use it these days. Good when I did. Just had the sides to de-ice ?.

Reactions: Billyray911
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.