DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
lovely motor.

a bit too low for everyday use.

Cheers. :)

Honestly, it's a 400 mile a week daily driver. We have traffic humps in our village 20mph zone and it will just go over the top of them. It just catches on the road camber when I leave/enter our work carpark when the tyres are worn, but not with new tyres. It's never been in a multistorey though. :D :funk:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nightmare. Give it some gentle persuasion, ;) i'm sure it'll come out then. lol.

I spoke to kev on friday, i need to set a date with him to sort my Stage 3 out as no one has done it yet on an ibiza.

Looking forward to seeing the next bit of updates on the silver machine tho, should be one of the best yet!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Bloody rain!

Ten years ago, I demolished my double garage/workshop and built (with my own bare hands) a 50m2 5 room extension to the house. I've rarely regretted it, but **** me, I could do with a garage at the moment. I need to fit my new turbo, and I need to remove my ECU. I really don't want to take my scuttle out in the rain.
Pergola up over the car tonight.
P1010002-1.jpg

Do you like the wiperless look?
P1010003-1.jpg

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
ECU removed and parcelled up to send to Revo for flashing. :thumbup:

Here's the GT28RS Eliminator being trial fitted to my (ground) ATP manifold. Just getting an idea of where it's not going to fit in the car.

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

If only it was that easy!

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So I've trial fitted it without gaskets. Disconnecting the heater hoses makes it easy to get in and out.

**** me it's tight against the 6 speed box! :-o

I managed to get the offside manifold-turbo bolt in, but the nearside one is about 3mm out. I found out why...............
P1010015.jpg

Turbo obvious, Water pipe across the top, block to the back left, gearbox housing foreground - spot the gasket. I reckon the 3mm I need will transpose to about 5mm where the turbo is touching.

Grinder out in the morning, I reckon I can give it 6mm..... :D

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
it is good to have varyations of the motors if everyones looked the same it would be boring lol.

Exactly! IMO there's room for the whole spectrum from truly awful to sublime. Some get it right, some get it wrong. Some have taste, some have no taste. I don't think you can have one without the other.............

AMEN to that! :yes:

This car just wouldn't be the same if it didn't look like that. It's part of the SC.net furniture now :D

ROFLMFAO.... thank you Rob. That's nice. :yes: If it's true, it's only because I'm thick skinned and weathered the initial comments when I joined (some of them downright nasty) - and a few along the way. I think I'm aware quite a few people here now know that my car and I are very different entities. ;)

As time goes on peoples' reaction to the car amuses me more and more, on and off the road. I mentioned extremes of the spectrum a moment ago. It's funny when a sleeper blows away a very serious motor. Picture the faces of some people who try to dust the funny Spanish silver car adorned with plastic attachments and discover the results of 320+ bhp? :D:D:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise