DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Well if you're toying with removing the rears, you don't have to look for matching fronts which widens the choice somewhat and also brings the costs down. I have no clue where you'd start looking with regards to weight though.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well if you're toying with removing the rears, you don't have to look for matching fronts which widens the choice somewhat and also brings the costs down. I have no clue where you'd start looking with regards to weight though.

:cry: Damn you, Pat. An hour or so ago, I had no real notion of spending money on seats. Now, you've had me looking at the cost of lightweight ones. :cry:

:D There's always something to spend money on, isn't there.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Oh, I missed something. The first job, this weekend, is to swap my Porsche calipers over. Yep, I have them on upside down. ( I thought the little arrow meant up, it never occured to me that it meant direction of rotation.) :hide:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Oh, I missed something. The first job, this weekend, is to swap my Porsche calipers over. Yep, I have them on upside down. ( I thought the little arrow meant up, it never occured to me that it meant direction of rotation.) :hide:

When you do this can you tell me whether the larger piston sits at the top or the bottom of the caliper...... ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Dave
Are you going to change out all the bushes for new ones before you get corner weighted?
Are you willing to sacrifice the look of the car for the sakes of the handling??
I'm sure you will end up having to raise the front quite bit.
Have you looked into the costs of corner weighting?
If you are getting the car corner weighted will you remove the seats, spare and have half tank of fuel to account for track set up?
Will be very interesting to see what the corner weighting does to the ride height. I hope this will allow you to hold onto your low ride height, but I seriously doubt it.
What you doing about engine mounts? Looked further into the VF ones?
What bushings have you changed and which ones do you plan to change? And for what ones?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Dave
Are you going to change out all the bushes for new ones before you get corner weighted??
Yes, I'm considering getting another front subframe etc
Are you willing to sacrifice the look of the car for the sakes of the handling??? I'm sure you will end up having to raise the front quite bit.
Yes
Have you looked into the costs of corner weighting??
Yes, but struggling to find anyone in the North East - I may have to travel.
If you are getting the car corner weighted will you remove the seats, spare and have half tank of fuel to account for track set up??
No, I think I'll go for a compromise setup to suit road use too - unless I decide to strip the car.
Will be very interesting to see what the corner weighting does to the ride height. I hope this will allow you to hold onto your low ride height, but I seriously doubt it.?
Not that bothered about looks (as you can tell :D )
What you doing about engine mounts? Looked further into the VF ones??
I think I'n going to fit Vibra-technics.
What bushings have you changed and which ones do you plan to change? And for what ones?
I have newish powerflex across the front. I am watching to see how you fare with your choice :)

Cheers for your interest!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
My front calipers are now the right way round. :D
(small piston leads, UncleFester - large at the bottom)

p1010032-1.jpg

p1010033-1.jpg

jamiebennett81

Funny sentence. :lol:

Does the bumper match Dave and the sideskirts, or is Dave's name Mr Match Dave? Sorry.

its amazing how some simple punctuation missing can change a sentence, smart ass!:lol::p:ban: