DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
rears looking brilliant! including the spoiler..

front looks good too. need a side piccy but looking great.

comparison pic of old /new rear shows how the smooth lines suit the leon.

top job:clap:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Very quick removal job just to see what it might look like.

31657750.jpg

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
IMO looks nicer without the rear spoiler.......very smooth.....side skirts look Ok in the photoshop.......but then again it's not my car LOL

Infact removing the rub strips on the door would lower the waist line a little too and improve the smooth look.......

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Looks tons better Dave......got to agree the rear spoiler removed may be just the job......and it's not the trcikiest mod to remove the spoiler ;)

I did have a look on Sunday, it's screwed through the tailgate (holes to fill) and bonded to the glass (????). It's also rubbed the paint at the top of the wings so that might need sorting too....

.........Infact removing the rub strips on the door would lower the waist line a little too and improve the smooth look.......

Ooh, now that's a thought to make it different............

Cheers for the chop, Patrick!

I'm not honestly in love with the rear third of the skirts, although I do like the depth that the skirts give to the side of the car.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I did have a look on Sunday, it's screwed through the tailgate (holes to fill) and bonded to the glass (????). It's also rubbed the paint at the top of the wings so that might need sorting too....

Hmmm........or attacking things from the other direction a new tailgate from the scrappers :shrug:

If it has scraped o the top of the wings it probably needs treating before it starts to rust anyway :shrug:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
If you're going smooth body then the skirts have to be smooth too i think. Personally i think the combination of LCR front, facelift rear and smoothed doors would look great. I need some respray work doing on mine and the bump strips are all marked from the previous owner, plus they're dirt traps - i think they'll be coming off mine after seeing how nice that looks on yours.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
IMO looks nicer without the rear spoiler.......very smooth.....side skirts look Ok in the photoshop.......but then again it's not my car LOL

Infact removing the rub strips on the door would lower the waist line a little too and improve the smooth look.......

im with him ^^^ i think minus spoiler / skirts / strips to match the smooth on the rear bumper a treat for the shape

cant say too much as mine is covered in reject kit of bits but better than nowt - next ones going smooooth as its a lot less hassle too

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
What do you think of the third Photoshop........I note you have not commented ;)

I'm not sure, I'd have to see a lot more to make up my mind on that one. I't could be that the rub strips accentuate the wheel height, and without them, the wheels are dwarfed by the door height........

O)n the other hand, I can see it working from looking at front quarter shots. :shrug:

use it wave goodbye to most and to keep an eye on blues/two's :p
It's very hard to keep an eye on who might have appeared behind me!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.