DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I think folks have a point here Dave - why not get a stock engine for the Leon, punt it on but keep the interesting bits for the Kiwi - you just know it will need an engine at some point and you might as well fit one you know the history of.

Doing it this way you don't actually lose any money as such?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I think folks have a point here Dave - why not get a stock engine for the Leon, punt it on but keep the interesting bits for the Kiwi - you just know it will need an engine at some point and you might as well fit one you know the history of.

Doing it this way you don't actually lose any money as such?

But if I left the engine in the car to sell on, I'd be still short of a shed load of stuff (here) to return the car to standard.......

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I was very very lucky to find someone who wanted ( and could afford ) to buy almost all of the bits I had for sale, we agreed a deal with discounts for the standard stuff he gave me from his car.

It worked out pretty well for both of us and a lot better than 'breaking' to different people.

Is it a huge problem to just keep it and keep enjoying it? You've probably got more parts to buy than the base car is worth with all your goodies taken off?

Sell the Mk2 Kiwi and paint the Leon Kiwi instead?

I think the car would look better with standard sideskirts ;)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Is it a huge problem to just keep it and keep enjoying it? You've probably got more parts to buy than the base car is worth with all your goodies taken off?

Totally agree and (as a general rule) I can't understand why it happens all too often.

Unless you've seriously got to get rid of the car in a hurry a decent realistic price as is would've been the more preferable route (I would've thought).

Many a highly modified car have changed hands to the right person for the right price.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Ahhh, right, I was thinking you'd buy an engine to chuck in, then sell it on, but keep you engine to sell of stick in the beeza.

What's it worth as a standard car (age/mileage) and how much are the bits worth at half the price you paid?

4dam

Came on here to get to the bottom of your email.

'tis a very sad day indeed :(

Swapsies? :D

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I am a bad man.... :(

P1050517.jpg

P1050514.jpg

Not a drop of oil in the boost pipework. The inside of the intercooler is spotless.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.