Sooty The Orange Leon MK2

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hey Guys,

Just had nothing to do so i thought i would make a post for whats been done to the car and whats to be planned in the future :D

Bought the car on 27/06/12

And its had the following mods already:

1.Stage 1 remap
2.DPF (Gutted)
3.EGR Full Hardware Delete
4.New Pipercross Panel Airfilter
5.New Shortshifter
6.Eibach Sportlines 50mm
7. Downpipe back custom 2.5" exhaust system
8. New Headlights installed (AutoArt Lighting with HID Kit installed 5000k)
9. Suggestions? :p

Here are some images of Sooty =]

upload1ls.jpg

upload5o.jpg

imagengn.jpg

imagemmjd.jpg

imagevgpl.jpg

New Headlights (AutoArt Lighting)

imageyri.jpg

EGR Full Hardware Delete

imageoqr.jpg

2.5" Exhaust System with no silencers =]

What next?:p
Going for a new custom cold air intake next weekend hehe

Last edited:

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
To be honest you should of took the time to do this ages ago as i think its one of the best mk2s ive seen, well its one i'd consider to be in my top 5 anyway lol
Its a cracking car, looks spot on mate
The wheels look great, i keep waiting for set come up on ebay at the price i wanna pay but people want ridiculous amounts for them, they suit the car so well tho, hopefully ill be able to get some in the new year and maybe spend a bit more money on some

Looks forward to updates mate but they only need to be little ones as i think you've already done enough now haha

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
To be honest you should of took the time to do this ages ago as i think its one of the best mk2s ive seen, well its one i'd consider to be in my top 5 anyway lol
Its a cracking car, looks spot on mate
The wheels look great, i keep waiting for set come up on ebay at the price i wanna pay but people want ridiculous amounts for them, they suit the car so well tho, hopefully ill be able to get some in the new year and maybe spend a bit more money on some

Looks forward to updates mate but they only need to be little ones as i think you've already done enough now haha

Thanks mate :p
And yes i will keep this thread updated with new toys xD

Nice car buddy :) I had the PD170 and went to the limit on standard turbo (240 bhp). Hope you enjoy yours :)

What else can i do to push the car mate? :p
I need some advice / tips etc ^^

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Gea full miltek 3" system turbo back. You already have the EGR delete. I went for a max capacity max. ***** stage 2+. It was a custom file created by mikko tuomi. But the car smoked soo sooo much. I would go hybrid turbo with that map and it will run safer :)

Heres a vid

http://youtu.be/3CpDb4u2BiE

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Today i got a new custom induction kit, Was meant to have a CAI system but got advised to try the standard induction before buying CAI as there may be minimal differences for a diesel engine.

So here are some pictures:

Before:
imagejgb.jpg

After:
photopbt.jpg

What do you think? :p

Also went to Castlecombes Audi & AG International today and got Ben and Mikko to S.hark my PD170 :p Drives amazing and no more judder =]
Will get a new dyno graph soon hopefully to show the differences between the 2 maps that i have had.

Will keep you all updated!

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Looking good mate :)

that isnt the standard engine cover is it?

Thanks mate, and yes it's the cover which came with my car =]
Isn't yours the same?

Lovely car mate, how do you find the induction kit on tdi engine?

Thanks dude, induction kit sounds good and I know I was asking for sound when I was looking to buy the induction for my diesel, BUT the sound is a bit too much for my liking I think =[

Personally I think it gets on my nerves a bit because it sounds like " sssssssass shhh" on low revs, But if you keep booting it everywhere you do get that deep induction sound and that combined with my exhaust system sounds amazing =]

But hey nothing the headunit in the car can't fix ^^ just turn the volume up a bit =]

Last edited:

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hi mate, did you have to switch the electric leveling motor over to these healights? Also what is the beam pattern like?

Yes mate, you have to transfer the motors across although I didn't bother as its not required for mot. The light pattern is like a standard beam. \___\___ like that.
And I have installed hids inside the lenses and no they don't melt =] Aslong as you buy a decent kit all will be fine

Hope this information helps

Rhys_

Mar 29, 2009
Cardiff, South Wales
Looking great mate! South Wales too :)

Dont suppose this is the one i see oftern parked around Cathays park by city hall and the museum? What sort of difference did you get off the new map?

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Looking great mate! South Wales too :)

Dont suppose this is the one i see oftern parked around Cathays park by city hall and the museum? What sort of difference did you get off the new map?

Hey mate, you are correct =]
I park by the museum when I miss the 9am slot for ncp lol
The remap makes a big difference, she's running at around 210-215bhp now =]
What you drive? Will keep a lookout for you =D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members