COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Now with out spending lots of money on alientech or autowindows you can now open and close your windows with your remote keyfob...

Just need a laptop with serial connection, or a long ass serial extension cable from your desktop, a copy of VDc_pro which i will provide a link to if requested, and a serial version of the vag-com cable (i think 2002 and newer leons require the dual kkl cable £14 off ebay)...

And use the following instructions:

You can't do this from any windows version (Dos only!), with any USB interface or with VAG-COM or a VW 1551 tester.

Use the following procedure to reprogram the module

1. start vds from boot disk + turn ignition on(not start car)
2. connect to central convenience (46)
3. start login procedure (11)
4. use the code 19283
5. read serial eeprom (26)

Check memory locations:

They should show up with 2 lines of values just look at the 1st value on the dec04361 line it should read 10

for all 3 memory locations the 1st value should be 10

6. write serial eeprom (27)

you then type in the 3 memory address again:

and put the new value as 2

You can now read serial eeprom (26) again to check that the 1st value in the memory address's has been changed to 2

7. end output (06)

close and exit program disconnect from car.

Now exit your car and lock it. When you now open your car with the keyfob and hold the button the windows should start to roll down and stop when you lift your finger. Also when you lock the car now and hold the button down the windows will go up(close) until you lift your finger off the button...

And hey presto you got remote windows!!!

Going to look into only making the front windows go up/down, i don't usually like having the rear windows open.

oedwards

Jul 11, 2005
CR6.UK
www.banter-box.com
Cheers for that! I like this feature a lot. Just need to buy a laptop, cable and download the software from somewhere, :). I might hook the PC up in the garage to get this one done. This should work on a 02 LCR right?

As a request if you could work out the same methods for un-folding the mirrors I would be forever in your debt!

Ta
Olly

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
it works on a 03 LCR so should do, just check that it has "10" at those 3 memory locations. and should be fine, if not post up your convenience model number and i can see if i can find anything...

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
nah its similar to vag com but more features but needs to run under dos... 2 secs while i get the link to the iso file...

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
i suppose the mirrors being folded up by remote is not an option via vag com.... but i see someone else asked above lol...... if it was wow that would be good!!!!

thanks for the info though saves a bit of dosh

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Awesome-gti have a unit you plug in and flash the ECU to do this as well.

Is it only serial connections? Can it be done via a serial-usb adapted line?

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
cupra gav have pm'd u back, but no that won't work needs to be serial as you need to run computer in dos mode for the program to work( dos mode can't use usb so needs to be serial).

usb to serial converters won't work, adds too much latency and it can't connect properly, plus it could seriously muck up your CCM if you were to try coding it with a dodgy connection.

I have the usb and serial cable from this seller and they work very well there also quite a bit cheaper than some other ones on ebay:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=serial&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=Eh49+7BP&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=alpha-bid&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

Guilo

Cheers gtd86 for that bit of advice and software mate.

Saves having to use key in door all the time.

thanks again.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
will come in handy in the summer, just put a bid in on a serial cable
already got the USB one which is a shame.

has anyone actually tried this yet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.