Seat Sport front strut brace

DSC_0420_HDR.jpg

Some general pics

DSC_0423_HDR.jpg

DSC_0428_HDR.jpg

DSC_0425_HDR.jpg

DSC_0431_HDR.jpg

DSC_0437_HDR.jpg

I'm still not sure about the ride height as yet.
Rears are wound right down and fronts have about 30-35mm left to go.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looks good ! The ride height looks about the same as mine except i need to bring the front down abit more

Remember the coilys need to settle! so they shud drop down a bit more on there own

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yea, I know they will settle and drop a little more but I might bring it up a little.

Handling has transformed now :D Coilovers, Whiteline rear ARB and Seat Sport front strut brace = nearly no under steer, much sharper turn in and very little body roll.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yep ive got the same setup mate and it really is quite good

Im now thinking Forge Rear Strut aswell

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Looks awsome :) i need to spend some money on my car!! What kit did you go for? Got a hold of a strutbrace today so i think i might raid my piggy bank and see if i scrape together some money for coilovers!!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You do need the shorter droplinks too mate. I measured them againset standard ones and they are ~100mm shorter. If you order before 12pm from DPM Damian will prob get them to you the next day :)

Make sure you get some new topmount bearings too mate. I did and I'm glad I did. The ones I removed had done ~36k and were at the end of they life. Got them from David@SERE Motors off here at about £8 each http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249.

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
You do need the shorter droplinks too mate. I measured them againset standard ones and they are ~100mm shorter. If you order before 12pm from DPM Damian will prob get them to you the next day :)

Make sure you get some new topmount bearings too mate. I did and I'm glad I did. The ones I removed had done ~36k and were at the end of they life. Got them from David@SERE Motors off here at about £8 each http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249.

yeah your prob right...better off doing it now than having to through it all again....and for the sake of 20 odd quid!!!

This may sound like a stupid question....but i have always got a garage to do my suspension work (bit scared of springs lol) but would the drop links only fit the V-max set up??

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Not sure if the droplinks would fit any other setup mate, it could do though.

If your scared of springs then get some new top mounts too (there only £20 delivered for a set from SERE Motors), then you just put everything togeather first then you just drop old out and slid new in.
The rears are very easy to do, prob only 45 mins and no spring clamps neaded.

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Not sure if the droplinks would fit any other setup mate, it could do though.

If your scared of springs then get some new top mounts too (there only £20 delivered for a set from SERE Motors), then you just put everything togeather first then you just drop old out and slid new in.
The rears are very easy to do, prob only 45 mins and no spring clamps neaded.

Well the plan i was going to work on the rear shock and my mate was going to do the fronts. (being a mechanic he better not be scared of springs)

Think im just going to go for the V-max ones like you have got! cheers again... will update my readers ride once i get them ordered!! :)

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Well the plan i was going to work on the rear shock and my mate was going to do the fronts. (being a mechanic he better not be scared of springs)

Think im just going to go for the V-max ones like you have got! cheers again... will update my readers ride once i get them ordered!! :)

Thats a good idea mate, also gets the job done much quicker too :D

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Just in time damo Quality pics i pressume your hurting now after doing this? :cartman:

i must say it looks very low already when settled should look lovely :clap:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.