HID Balast fitting on Drivers Side

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
I have joined the HID gain this weekend, and i agree with everyone else, HID is the best mod for its money, dont even think about getting upgrade bulbs get HID for a few pence more

JUst one thing though, i seem to be having problems where to fit the balast on the drivers side, the only place i seem to have found is a bolt hole on front frame which the bonnet comes down onto to, there is a bolt hole on the inner lip, but the hole is alot bigger than the bolts supplied so some modifications would be needed.

Any other ideas where you have fitted yours would be welcome.

Cheers

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
On the washer bottle at the mo. R6_allan is gonna try it behind the washer bottle i think so if its any good i'll stick it there to.

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
bolt it onto this bolt mate, unscrew the bolt and fit the ballast over the screw, then screw the bolt back on. easy as pie.

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
thanks guys, for all your replies,

Think i am going to go for the option jamie used better get out there before it rains !

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
On the washer bottle at the mo. R6_allan is gonna try it behind the washer bottle i think so if its any good i'll stick it there to.

I was gonna then I couldn't be bothered. I even removed it the other day to swap some side lights. Cheap LED **** lasted 2 weeks :rolleyes:.

Mine is here as others. Although I tried to bend it down and under out of the way. However they are a sealed unit and the conectors have a rubber seal so I don't think water/moisture will be an issue.

Ballast1.jpg

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT
Mine Is Behind The Bottle There Is A 8mm Threaded Hole. You Just Need To Take 2 Screws Out And The Washer Bottle Is Free. Bolt It In Down Behind The Washer Bottle It Takes A Bit More Time But Looks 20 Times Better!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members