New member, mk3 ibiza cupra

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
Hi all i picked up my ibiza thursday this week off a lad called james aka shantybeater. Its a lovely motor, used to belong to matt/mark burton i think his name was?!

Done a few things over the last couple of days new wipers:

turned the dv round, i know its a bit bad side loading the piston in the dv but it is a fair bit louder and the sound is so much nicer

new afm seal

new oil cap seal,

o2 sensor wire needed zip tieing up underneath as it was about an inch from the floor

de-wipered it

changed all rear bulbs on the drivers side....absolute bitch to get at due to the sub, so decided to do them all save going through it all again

binned the dice dust caps and the stickers that were on there

gave it a good clean

and some new wipers

theres not much i want to do to the car in all fairness as i think its just right how it is looks wise, i might get a bonnet bra to use from time to time and maybe get rid of the blue bulbs in the headlights. It could do with a new set of head lights and fogs though in all fairness as there looking slightly tired. Im going to put a bonnet lifter on aswell because ive just been out in the wind autosol'ing the rocker cover etc and the bonnet fell on top of my head NOT fun.

engine wise, i want to remove the N75 (ordered my blank from forge) silicone TIP, N249 bypass/removal if it hasnt already been done (going to do another thread as i cant work out if its been done or not) apart from that theres not much else i can do. Just wants a tidy up in there. A battery cover aswell.

couple of things i need to attend to, i think the thermostat housing gasket might be foobared and a couple of the injector seals...only a very very very slight weep i think

I really cant say how much of an awesome car this is, i looked into a mk4 ibiza tdi but im so glad i didnt.....253bhp in the little ibiza is crazy :)

pics, enjoy:

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
lovely car, i nearly bought this a year or two ago,

how many owners has it had now???

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
not sure what happened to the other posts....i wanted to ask you where you got your nuts T.I.P from and if they have a website. Im owner number 7...thanks for all the +ve comments

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.