Guide to fitting Catch tank

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I have put this in my thread aswell but for those that did'nt read it here it is again.:D
Right here we go, sorry for the delay the battery on the camera was flat then i had to go christmas shopping lol, i will give a guide after the pic's.

This is the over all pic you can see the one from the rocker cover and has the "T" to the block and the other pipe goes to the TIP.

3087118062_c0f99c8286_b.jpg

This is the pic of where the pipe goes in to the tip, my car is an LC but i expect the LCR has this in the same place.

3087116112_20e149c8b0_b.jpg

The elbow going to the block,.

3087116520_63669aa019_b.jpg

This is the conection for the block under the inlet manifold.

3087157238_9e0c42053e_b.jpg

The conection to the TIP

3087157324_e938e9c1f6_b.jpg

Now you know where all the pipes go just remove all the OE pipes, make sure you know where you are going to mount the tank and plan the pipe route.
The main problem i had is that the tank inlets are a diferent size to the engine inlets so i got some reducers from 19mm to 16 mm and used them just before the tank you can see them in the over all pic.
The TIP conection is easy enough 19mm elbow goes straight in, the block conection is easy aswell all you need to do is remove the elbow you do this by pulling the clip arrowed in the pic once it is out pull the elbow towards you it is now alot easyer to put the new pipe
on then just replace push the clip back in and do up all the conections.
Although it works it is not that nice to look at i am constantly on the look out for better pipe work.
I hope this is of some use any questions please ask.

As it looks today..
4151976375_553da7cd59_b.jpg

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Just looked at your car very nice, couldn't see the bay though so cant comment on the need for a clean lol, i am looking at putting an Ko4 on in the new year, i have already put the twin intercoolers on, im not looking for massive power but with the 04 and remap hopfully looking for 240/250.
Front and rear strut braces already sorted just the arbs to do, and then 4 pot porkers on the front ( the rear from the boxter as i want to keep the 312 disks for the moment) lots of work planned for next year.

caveo

Im taking a break for xmas , i need it , my wallet hurts lol

jamiebennett81

by the way, how did you mount your catch tank? i.e. where did you get a metal bracket from, as Focus and Homebase down my way dont do anything like it at all

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I made the brackett from some thin aluminium, but it is a bit flimsy as it drops and it gets in the way of the gear selector when i try to select 6th no real drama pops out of gear at worst i just have to bend it back up. But i am on the look out for some thicker aluminium that will be stronger, i used the bolt on the battery tray to secure it. this is this was the best position i found for it, although Dave (DPJ) has his mounted behind the fans.

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

I made the brackett from some thin aluminium, but it is a bit flimsy as it drops and it gets in the way of the gear selector when i try to select 6th no real drama pops out of gear at worst i just have to bend it back up. But i am on the look out for some thicker aluminium that will be stronger, i used the bolt on the battery tray to secure it. this is this was the best position i found for it, although Dave (DPJ) has his mounted behind the fans.

yeah I spotted that hole bolt from the battery the other day, so just need a small thick piece of Alu to bend a mounting bracket up, drill and mount the catch can to it

although before I do this, its getting sent off to be polished first:D

AND the bracket, once this is done too hopefully

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
nice guide mate,i followed your setup - and i think i even got the same T peices as you lol...blue

anyway, iv tried it out,and i see that in both hoses,the gunk is lieing around, it is still going into the induction system...why could that be?not set up right?il post pics in daylight tomorow

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Thanks :D as to your problem I'm not sure faisal, one pipe should go straight from the tip to the catch tank, and the other from the engine cover "T'ed" to the one from the block breather in to the catch tank.

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
On another thread on this which seems to be mostly ibiza guys they have removed the mushroom shaped thing from the tip and blanked the tip off, they have then t pieced together the pipe from the block and the rockercover as you have but not plumbed it from the catch can to the tip. Instead they have just come out of the catch can and put a small filter on. Wondering why the two ways are different and what is reason as looking to do this mod?

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Yeah thought that after reading this threat and 15 pages of the other one, they seemed to think that the gunk found its way back into the tip still. Not sure how unless they let the tank overflow.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise