Fitting a SEAT Sport Intercooler

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Good idea,

But would have been better with a step by step guide with pictures.

I still have all the pics so will put one together soon.

To be honest it is really quite easy...... - all the brackets have allocated holes etc.... the only annoying thing is that the Forge pipe kit is a little tricky. The sensor location on the pipe means you have to extend the sensor cables.

Oh and the screws Forge supplied were too short.

Other than that is it just time consuming.

Mike

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
if u can fit my coilys in 2m27seconds ur doing well.

whats with the double foglights? bit naff looking

The inner set of lights were driving lights. I do night rallys and the extra light came in handy - They were there for function not for aesthetics.

Obviously with the pipe work on the drivers side they have had to go.

Got to book her in for a Cam belt change - got a Rolling road power run booked for the 24th Jan then hopefully getting Custom Code and then another Power run in Feb with a local club.

Mike

Beto_sport

I have the references that you will need to fit the cupra intercooler in a tdi 100 or tdi 130 engines 3w.seatibiza.net/foro/showthread.php?t=63094

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
ah that explains. u notice a diff with the intercooler?

Yeah the intercooler seems to have given it more torque throughout the rev range.

Well that is how it feels anyway. Getting the power run before the remap to see the difference.... Have done a power run after each mod at the same RR at about the same time of year - to try and get an idea of how the performance is progressing.

Mike

gus

Jun 27, 2006
would a fr intercooler and cupra one fit straight into the 130tdi ??? and do some of the lower bhp tdi come with these intercoolers???

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Good work fella's :D

like the web cam thing [B)]......... not to sure on the bum cleavage though:whistle:

i fitted a forge FMIC to mine, didn't have to extend the MAP sensor cable though:confused:
seems a bit of an oversight by forge if their kit specifically for fitting a SEAT sport FMIC requires this mod:confused:

by the way, why did you have to take off the passenger headlight? :confused:

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Good work fella's :D

like the web cam thing [B)]......... not to sure on the bum cleavage though:whistle:

i fitted a forge FMIC to mine, didn't have to extend the MAP sensor cable though:confused:
seems a bit of an oversight by forge if their kit specifically for fitting a SEAT sport FMIC requires this mod:confused:

by the way, why did you have to take off the passenger headlight? :confused:

The cam thing was my dslr on the tripod taking pics every 2 mins to the laptop - just converted it to a movie.

Thankfully the bum cleavage isn't mine!!!

We took the passenger side headlamp off to try and free the plastic surround of the rad. We were hoping to get better access to fit the brackets for the IC.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
The cam thing was my dslr on the tripod taking pics every 2 mins to the laptop - just converted it to a movie.

Thankfully the bum cleavage isn't mine!!!

We took the passenger side headlamp off to try and free the plastic surround of the rad. We were hoping to get better access to fit the brackets for the IC.

ahhh.... i see;)

by the way, good find for £150 [B)]

when i added my FMIC you can noticed the power holding throughout the rev range :D
not sure i'd of been to impressed if i'd of bought it new though at £700:ban:
bought mine of an SCN member, only paid £300:funk:, otherwise i'd of gone for the same set up as you. :D

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
ok....

Here is a guide to fitting a Seat Sport intercooler.

To be perfectly honest - it isn't that difficult. - If I can do it then most people can!

I found this diagram useful.
SEATSportFMIC-1.jpg

Lift and support the front of the car on axle stands. Remove the under tray and the arch liners.

Remove the front Bumper. I can't remember how many bolts hold it on but don't forget to disconnect the fog lights.
IMG_0020.jpg

remove the crash bar
Pic_0014.jpg

remove the couling for the SMIC
Pic_0016.jpg

Then remove the sMIC
Pic_0020.jpg

remove the drivers side head lamp unit
Pic_0032.jpg

it is easier to mount the IC brackets to the car and then the IC to the brackets
Pic_0054.jpg

Pic_0055.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.